2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Here's the thing for me. Does replacing the OL coach with over half the season left solve our OL issues?

He wasn't the guy who took PEDs and got suspended. He wasn't the guy who brought in a FA guard who has, by anyone's standards, played horribly.

Maybe Carter has to do a better job lighting a fire under Saffold's arse but we don't know he hasn't. At some point, a player has to do their job or be seated on the bench. If Carter has any say in that, and now that Kelly is freed up, it's time to do whatever it takes to put your best five on the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanUp12

TitanUp12 Starter

The more I think about yesterday, the more frustrated I get. This entire franchise has been trash since it got to Nashville outside of a handful of fun years. No wonder the stadium is always full of opposing fans. It’s always the same depressing franchise in one way or another. And I’m not sure how you change it. At this point I don’t know if it CAN be changed. How do you change 20+ years of mediocrity at best?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All fair statements. Not going to be popular for the homers to swallow- but fair.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How about releasing the ball quick to an open spot where the WR is ANTICIPATED to be? That is what Mahomes, Brady, Rogers et al do with great success when faced with an aggressive pass rush that needs cooling off.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

I'm out on Vrabel after some of his odd coaching decisions. Adoree Jackson shouldn't be returning punts period let alone after that Jaguars game. The choice to go for 4th and 1 in the Falcons game rather then going up 17 was beyond dumb and he admitted it was the wrong move. Then down 7 against the Bills, he elects to kick the field goal with his kicker 0-3 on the day and it wouldn't have even tied. His coaching moves are up their with Mularkey and the onside kick to start the season against the Vikings.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly what I've been saying. Some people wanna criticize the fans for opposing fans filling up our stadium. But can you really blame them? It's basically been two full decades of nothing but mediocrity or outright futility. And with this being a newer franchise/market (in the grand scheme of things) we just don't have that built-in rabid fanbase some other historically bad teams like the Browns have.

It all starts at the top, point blank. The team has to make a REAL commitment to being a winning franchise (i.e. stop settling for mediocrity at GM/HC/QB/etc.). Stop clinging to the handful of years the team was good 20 damn years ago. Start giving this city something to be proud of and cheer for and maybe folks will actually choose to spend their Sundays at Nissan Stadium.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I get that but the Titans have been sacked 22 times in 5 games, that’s 4 sacks a game. They are on pace for just about 70 sacks give or take for the year. Vrabel just got done talking about fundamentals last week and the Oline looked awful yet again. At some point if the players are having trouble applying what they are being taught then you have to look at the coach. Its not like the players aren’t capable because they are. The Oline looks completely overwhelmed and lost at times. Is it the scheme? Out coached? 6 weeks in and something still isn’t right. What ever the reason is falls on the HC and position coach. Murlarkey fired his special teams coach in 2016 after 4 games because of how awful they started and it worked. Same players were on that same unit give or take 1 or two guys from start to finish. At some point accountability has to be taken as a coach. Maybe it’ll shake itself out who knows but there’s not a lot of time left if they are considering making a PO run.

8. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

So if Dion Lewis continues to suck, is that on him or the guy who gave him a big contract?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah, a good OL coach can help young guys who are having technique issues, but Saffold has just been getting flat run over. I don't know what he did in the offseason, but he has absolutely no power compared to what he's seemed to have in recent years.

Maybe a new OL coach would help guys get on the same page to not miss some assignments, but I don't really think I've seen too many blown assignments, it's more just getting beat athletically, which is far scarier and not something you can just fix.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

It wouldnt get any worse either. Keith Carter had 0 exp as a OL coach when he got the job. I'm tired of these good ole boy hires for positional coach positions.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar