2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I think I would offer Sharpe something. He isnt going to demand a high pricetag.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

no. Keep Vrabel have him and JRob workout coaching position or player coach with Brady. Let them all 3 pay kings ransom to bring in their QB. give it 3 years. Then clean it out and start over if we are not SB contenders.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I simply don't see what we gain by keeping Vrabel. I can see what we lose. Any offensive guru is going to want the top job. Find one. Give it to him. Start over with a new staff and new qb.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Why keep Vrabel? Name a positive contribution he has made to the team because I can’t think of one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

he gets credit for the D if you’re knocking him for the O. He’s equally responsible for both. He got Pees here.

JRob and Vrabel get their QB choice. Arthur Smith was hired for continuity from Mariota. Vrabel wanted the Ohio St guy but was vetoed by Amy/JRob.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

The defense was already above average before Vrabel and Pees got here. While the defense is better under Pees, i don't think the improvement there outweighs the significant regression this team has seen on offense and even special teams since Vrabel took over.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You're not wrong.

But I'm not interested in fair. I'm interested in fixing this team. BEST case scenario keeping Vrabel, we hire some oc, he utterly turns the offense around with our new rookie, and then walks after a year or two to be head coach somewhere else.

If you believe you have an offensive guru, just give him the big chair. It's much easier to find a good defensive coordinator.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Vrabel brought in Pees and Lafleur.

9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

and Offense is the same with TheFlower and ART, so Vrabel is controlling the Offense

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not so fast, playcalling is very different .

Even if the plays are the same, doesn't immediately make the product on the field the same.

Would've been nice to see what Lafleur might have done his 2nd year here - and 3rd year ever - as an OC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar