2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

This team has too much young talent to do a complete reset and Vrabel is only in his second year as a head coach. They definitely need to admit they made some mistakes and scrap the whole offensive coaching staff after this year, then spend whatever it takes to put together a REAL offensive staff. This would let Jrob, Vrabel, and a new OC go get their guy in the draft or free agency then see how the team progresses from there. If in a few years we’re still looking at the same garbage, THEN clean house from Jrob down and reset

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

i don't care enough to vent. we're just a bad franchise that is destined to stay bad unless we just perfectly catch lightning in a bottle for a single season. we're incapable of consistency.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think this is how it is going to go. We’ve got cap room to extend our key “core” guys. We’ll let some guys walk or trade for picks after season.

We’ll go all in w/ draft capital to get our QB. JRob going to pay a kings ransom to get his guy. I’m OK with that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

and we will still suck

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Luckily, most of our best players are young.

6. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

Maybe, and if that’s the case then you tear everything down and start over. Hopefully the right way next time.

7. SenorMariota

SenorMariota Rookie

Hormesis said: "Sorry, but Mary's time in Nashville has come to an end. He will get a chance as a backup with some other team and be paid quite handsomely for it. Five years of this franchise are gone, I won't weep for him."

Yeah but Vrabel is not competent as a head coach. A greenhorn hiring OCs, it's laughable. Are you going to let Mariota go using this coaching staff as a true measuring stick in whether he was efficient or not? I think it would be another mistake. Hold onto your assets and get rid of your liabilities.

And yeah I get what you're saying and maybe it is time to switch gears especially with a coaching staff like this. But honestly I don't think we'll find anyone as efficient at running an offense than Mariota. I will explain.

Many good QBs like Tannehill succumb under pressure and can't close out a critical game and this is an important reason why the Titans should reconsider keeping Mariota as their "franchise" QB. He has a unique ability to close out critical games. He gets it done.

Also his competitiveness to come back from a deficit is an important quality. The Titans come from behind playoff win against the Chiefs is not only an example of Mariota's perseverance in coming from behind and winning but also doing it on the road under pressure. Without Mariota the Titans may never experience something like that again.

Another important facet of a QB that is often overlooked is his smart use of the play clock and his ability to drive down the field with only seconds remaining on the ticker, Mariota is the best and most experienced at doing this. The catalyst of the Chip Kelly hurry up offense, a highly energized offensive machine, he thrived. Under Helfrich, he sustained drive after drive manhandling defenses one after another with very little time on the clock.

Good luck finding a QB with all these attributes. It can take a long time. I think the best thing to do is stick with Mariota but this time actually do what they didn't do two years ago, find a competent coach.

Mariota's problem with the Titans are the mediocre play callers he's had the great misfortune of working with and it's been a real waste of his skills and offensive production.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

who reads this sheet?

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

10ECTyrant said:"Who reads this sheet?"

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

FA to be:
    THill. Mariota. Henry. Ryan. Conklin. Kelly. Sharpe.
    Woodyard. Sims. Darren bates. Milton. Correa. Austin Johnson
    Pruitt

Big contracts possibly unloaded:
    Lewis. DW. Wake. Bulter. Daquan jones.

All listed in the article.
    I’d argue THill, Henry(maybe), ryan, Daquan Jones (already on contract) for resigning. The rest will only be missed due to necessity of another player needing to fill an empty roster spot.

I’d wouldn’t have issue resigning Sharpe, Woodyard, or Kelly.
    Conklin would probably cost too much for the amount of production he offers. Sims, Milton, Correa, Wake, and Pruitt are very expendable
    Austin Johnson should not be on the roster now.
    Butler is a ? Will he come back healthy and he’s already overpaid but not too bad on the field.
    Bates is just a ST as far as I’m aware. Probably cheap to keep but is he really necessary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar