2019 Titans Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this board needs a place to vent about all tings Titans.

I'll start with this:

This offense was supposed to be ready to take the next step from back-to-back 9-7 seasons. Mariota is entering his fifth season. Henry is in a contract season. The top G in free agency was added. Mariota's favorite target (Walker) is back. Davis is ready to make that jump in production many WRs do in their third season. The Titans add a proven slot receiver and draft another potential receiving weapon.

Same offensive system as last year too.

I can't remember when the Titans were in a better position to have a top 10 offense but we see the same inconsistency, drops, overly conservative playcalls, drive-killing penalties, etc.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

The penalties are getting absurd. Our total yardage isn't usually that bad but like the Lewan holding on the first play, they always seem to occur on a big play, or on 3rd down making it extremely difficult to convert.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

See avi

I hate this team

• LOL LOL x 4
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

JRob did a great job of getting this roster from awful to decent. He hasn't been able to get it over the hump though.

I'd probably be fine moving on this offseason. It won't happen, but you wouldn't hear a peep from me if it did.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. Offense is so bad. I honestly don't even know where to point the finger anymore. I'm on record as not being a Mariota fan, but it's pretty clear the issues go beyond just him at this point.

Something's gotta give. "At least we're not 2-14" isn't good enough anymore.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

JRob is the most competent GM we’ve had and though he’s not great we as fans have never had any better so we don’t know any better. So we think it can’t get any better and keep settling.

Similar to another position. The one that touches the ball the most.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mary aint helping us or killing us so theress that to deal with at QB. The O-line seems able, but has mental lapses every week. And our back-up RB who we feature more than we should is trash...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We'd be best served by a QB that throws with accuracy and anticipation.
    we've got the WR's and TE's to handle that. Until that happens, we're VERY predictable.

Nothing improves until the interior OL plays like they belong in the NFL.

JRob is average. always has been.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Vrabel was hired to maximize the talent on this roster and get us over the 9-7 mark. Good to great is what we heard all off season. The team has regressed at least offensively which is hindering this team from taking it to the next level. Week 6 and the team is underperforming. Vrabel needs to stop with this “giving the player confidence” bs. At some point if players continue to regress then it becomes a liability. Liability then turns into accountability. AJ on PR,Santos, Saffold, etc. Accountability starts at the top. Am I saying fire Vrabel? No. But he needs to do something besides going back to fundamentals because even that’s not working.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Our QB is a churchmouse who just doesn’t take us to the next level and plays with an unremarkable amount of consistency and elusiveness.

Vrabel hasn’t made this team better. He looks clueless while Pees has done a remarkable job with very little talent on the DL.

This is the most talented team we’ve had in some time, our consistent inconsistency is extremely disappointing.

And can anyone tell me that Taylor Lewan is worth the trouble? He’s a fake tough guy who’s play and compensation does not make him better than Dennis Kelly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar