2019 Titans Cap, Cuts, FAs, and Extensions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Lock up Byard and Logan (FA2020)

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Cut Cyp and Resign Vacarro

41 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Extend Mariota (had to do it)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Exercise Conk’s 5th year option

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Extend Henry (FA2020)

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know exactly what Flu can do. I watch him every preseason

Hes very underrated

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Must be. He’s our “secret weapon” for a really important time.

I only know it’s not a 4th down carry from the 3 against Houston.

3. JCBRAVE

Hes been buried behind Henry and Murray

When he finally got a shot last year he got hurt

They would have never given him looks if Lewis was worth a crap

4. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

I get your angle but it’s too early to call Rosen a perennial 11 TD / yr guy. He could be a back up or the future starter. We don’t know what he is yet - The key is potential. It’s another swing with the bat. It might mean we wouldn’t have to completely reset with a 1st round QB the next draft. Or the new guy could sit behind Rosen. It just gives you options is all.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

I get your point, but if Mariota flops in ‘19, I want Tua in ‘20. No need for a young, still needs developing, backup.

6. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

I watched a lot of cards games last year and Rosen is not fully to blame for his production and Arizonas crappy season.

OL was dreadful and let players through far too easy, main cause was injuries I think. Yes he's not very mobile but he's accurate passer and has got good anticipation. Also the OC never utilised David Johnson in the pass game and just ran down the middle on 1st 2 downs.(sounds familiar?) The OC change half way threw the season helped but the damage was done.

Rosen was probably played a year or 2 too early as starter but he performed better than what Matt Cassel would have done and slightly better than Blaine grabert. If Bruce arians was there I do believe AZ would have had 7+ wins. I'd say our 3rd would be a good value pick for Rosen and wouldn't get cut after a few weeks like last year wasting a 4th on Luke faulk.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Seriously, and Greedy is the only 1st round caliber CB in the draft! Weakest class in years.

Hmmm, we DO have a lot of depth at the position....

8. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

100% agree. I can see the Patriots making this sort of move. Can’t see us doing it.

9. JCBRAVE

Rosen had a hideous season, but that's probably more on the fact their entire Oline was down 5 starters. Hard to to compete when your line consists of a mailman and a 4 man mall security unit.

Rosen is hard to gauge because of that

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’d take Rosen in a second. Not even a question. Cut gabby, trade for Rosen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar