2019 Rookie Guard Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

He's looked good today, Ive also been impressed with Erik Mccoy from texas a&m.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I want a sure thing. To me, there are three that might be there when we pick. In order of preference...

Hock - this guy is gonna be a beast. Like gronk level beast. If he falls to 19, we have to get him.

Wilkins - love his game, love his work ethic. Would Instantly make the defense better.

Bradbury - if both of those are gone, this guy plugs right in and makes the line a strength again. Henry should be a monster behind a line like that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Stop trying to make a first round interior lineman happen.

It's not going to happen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You need to watch all his tape against Clemson to really see what he is. He's got the athleticism and he's a good player, but no way would I take him first round. I have him with a 3rd round grade. I'm pretty worried the Titans will over draft him BECAUSE of the BC connections they have.

He's up and down in the Clemson game. You can see his strengths and his flaws. Balance can be an issue and anchor at times and I didn't love his run blocking. He got beat on stretch plays a lot and gave up the primary pressure where they tried to simulate a run but it was playaction. To be fair, the defender went in between him and the OT...but I think it was his guy to block. In general his pass pro is pretty good, but the guys with good hands and good lateral agility or who are slippery are gonna be a problem. He needs some work. Not sure he could come in day 1 and be an automatic upgrade.

I think he's got first round athleticism but his tape isn't there against top competition. I like the top OC's better than the top OG's in this class.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jeff_The_Fan

Jeff_The_Fan Starter

Chris Lindstrom G 6'4 308 Boston College the best Guard prospect in draft. He is almost sure thing! Plus a big upgrade that will help the running game and keep Defensive Tackles out MM face.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jonah Williams is the best OG prospect in this draft...but he's likely to get drafted as an OT. Ford too.

Almost a sure thing? What are you basing this off of? I'd take Bradbury and McCoy before Lindstrom. They can step in on day 1. Lindstrom worries me that he's gonna have a lot of growing pains in year one. Typically day 1 starters go in rounds 1 and 2. I have Lindstrom as a 3rd rounder for this reason but he'll probably go round 2 since there are so many teams that need ol help and not a lot of talent.

Law of supply and demand. But my board is based on their quality, not where I think someone will take them. My .02's!

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Bradbury MUCH more athletic than Lindstrom. A true center that can pull with the best. If I’m going OL, he’s my first choice mainly because you can start him day 1 at Center or Guard and he fits the zone block scheme if we run it. Just my opinion though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Jonah Williams

OT in college but will probably have to switch to Guard in the pros.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Chance Warmack was supposed to be a sure thing and we know how that worked out

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar