2019 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 8and8, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Bama’s resume may hurt them this year so they very well could get left out if Pac12 or Big12 have a one loss conference champion.

Bama currently only has one win over a Power 5 team with a winning record and it was against TAMU.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Oh, I doubt they get in, but I think they would pose the biggest threat out of all the one loss teams.

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I dunno; they're 5th now. If they win out does Oregon leap them?

Worst thing that could happen for Bama is Georgia winning the SEC Championship.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

As I’ve been saying since the Vandy game, LSU’s defense is a serious liability.

LSU defensive stats against Ole Miss: 600+ yards of total offense, 400+ yards rushing, and 200+ of those rushing yards were by a freshman QB.

OSU or Clemson beats LSU by 14+ if they play.

#74 8and8, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Ohio State opens up as a 19pt favorite over PennSt, a top 10 team.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Meh...

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO it's pretty simple now for Bama to get in-

Bama MUST win beat Auburn (by 14 points).
    (The bigger the margin of victory over Auburn, the better the chance)

AND if one or more of these occur, Bama is in

1. LSU win remaining two games OR lose remaining two games.
    2. OSU lose remaining two games AND Minnesota lose to Wisconsin this week
    3. Clemson lose remaining two games

Oregon, Penn St out no matter what. Oklahoma's, Minnessota's and Utah's losses to then unranked teams won't impress committee enough for them to rank ahead of Alabama's lone narrow loss (5 points) to the #1 team- even despite a conference championship. (PAC 12 and Big 12 conf championship opponents have very significant ugly loses and/or weak schedules.) Committee would pick Clemson over Bama if one loss to S. Carolina (even though Bama beat them) if Clemson then turns around and wins the ACC in the conference championship game against VA/VT.

I think there is a chance that Oklahoma COULD be given the nod over Bama if they win out and win convincingly against Baylor in the rematch. (I'm not 100% sold the committee will put OK above Bama because they have kept Bama well ahead of Oklahoma despite both teams having one loss. And Baylor will be ranked lower than Auburn when this week's rankings come out.)

If Minnesota wins out, they'd have wins over #12 Wisconsin and #2 OSU. No question IMO they would be in top 4 final ranking and likely even be given the #3 spot with those last 2 impressive wins and the Big 10 Conference champion.

This is based off of how the committee has historically approached it.

So in summary, Bama's most realistic chances to get in the top 4 hinge on LSU either winning out or losing out.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

No way does bama get in over Georgia with only 1 ranked win.

Funny watching their fans rationalize "a good loss" instead of actual wins tho

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wrong. If Georgia loses to LSU in SEC championship that's 2 losses. One to the team that beat Bama by 5 points and the other to an unranked South Carolina.

No way a 2 loss Georgia picked over a 1 loss Bama. (provided Bama and Georgia both beat their "rivals" this weekend.)

Funny to hear how much people hate the team that has won the most championships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar