2019 Titans Cap, Cuts, FAs, and Extensions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Lock up Byard and Logan (FA2020)

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Cut Cyp and Resign Vacarro

41 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Extend Mariota (had to do it)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Exercise Conk’s 5th year option

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Extend Henry (FA2020)

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Talk about dumb. I’ll be the first to admit he underperformed but we’d have been retarded to trade him away. And seeing how he finished the season our FO must be relieved they didn’t.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

probably fake news

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Why would they take the option now when they have 5 months to see if he can get back to 100%? Your post made it sound like they straight up denied it already.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're right, they may just be buying time

But from my perspective there is nothing gained by activating his option now

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They mentioned on The Zone today that we could save around $5 million this year if we cut Cyp. I will always be thankful to him for knocking Kelce out of the playoff game in KC last year, but I would rather take my chances with Vaccaro and his injury history and ride without Cyp.

J-Rob is going to need to sign at least 2 or 3 impactful FA's if we are going to compete next year because our 6 draft picks aren't going to fix every problem on this team. Cutting Cyp, and maybe a couple of others gives him room to work.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont forget JR loves to trade up, so that 6 picks is really gonna end up being 5 or less

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

probably more like 3 or 4

8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Restructure or Cut Cyp
    Resign Vacarro
    Extend Byard
    Extend Conklin (yes extend dont use the 5th yr option 4 yr/10 mil per - my logic guy was a top RT for 2 yrs prior to the knee injury. get him on the cheap for a top T and take risk he returns to form)
    Cut Jones, Kline
    Resign Pamphile & Spain to compete for starting spots
    Extend Kelly (worst case he remains the 3rd tackle...or I'd like to see him in the starting line up and moved to guard)

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I voted extend Mariota only because it could save hella money if it works out. Then we have a QB for cheap, can groom and draft a replacement, and focus on the rest of the team.

Gotta resign Byard and Logan though. Defense might be a strong point next season

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

G/C Spencer Long cut from Jets..former 3rd pick..worth a look after a bad year with Jets?

@The Hammer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar