2019 Titans Cap, Cuts, FAs, and Extensions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Lock up Byard and Logan (FA2020)

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Cut Cyp and Resign Vacarro

41 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Extend Mariota (had to do it)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Exercise Conk’s 5th year option

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Extend Henry (FA2020)

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

we do have the space for top FA, just not a lot of them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I voted for Byard and Ryan but cut Cyp/sign Vaccaro is a close second.
    Some of those other moves may not even happen, like extend Mariota or Henry.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We had the #3 defense, #7 rushing offense. We're in desperate need for better QB play more than anything.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, a change at QB isn't happening in 2019. You might as well accept that, and look at the other positions that need attention.

Interior O-line could use an upgrade, and it wouldn't hurt to add a pass-rusher on defense.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yeah that was my vote as well. I actually feel kind of bad for Cyp, especially after reading about him attending every team and DB meeting while on IR.

At the very least, they should wait to see what they would need to keep Vaccaro before cutting Cyp. Vaccaro would be smart to wait until he can talk to other teams just to get his full market value, even if he truly wants to stay with the Titans.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That’s awesome to hear about Cyp. Didn’t know that.

Unfortunately his talent isnt high enough to keep even if Vaccaro isn’t resigned. Hired goon. If we can keep a healthy Cyp on the hired goon average to take out guys like kelce, Luck, Hopkins and various other players that regularly kick our a$$, I’m all for it.

7. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Cutting cyp and signing Vaccaro for sure. Cyp would be a penatly machine next year with how the game is. I think Vaccaro surprised alot of us with how well he played, he was awesome. Thanks for taking care of Kelce though Cyp, we wont forget

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

OL: I think Conk gets extended, that was Jrobs first big pick so he'll stick by him. I think Spain OR Kline are gone but we keep one of them and Jones. Jones has probably been our best interior OL honestly. I'd expect us to bring in Iupati, Saffold or guard X to replace one of the guys. This is a major issue so so I also see depth added early in the draft.

DL: Its a buyers market this year for FA interior DL with a glut of quality players set to hit the market. I could see us adding Suh, Richardson or McCoy to compliment Casey. No way we land a big fish like Grady Jarett with our cap situation but that would be sweet.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They passed on Conks option

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

First thing?

Get that 5th year option on Conk, that seems easy.

Then Byard
    Then Vacc

Everything else can wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar