2019 Titans Cap, Cuts, FAs, and Extensions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Lock up Byard and Logan (FA2020)

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Cut Cyp and Resign Vacarro

41 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. Extend Mariota (had to do it)

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Exercise Conk’s 5th year option

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Extend Henry (FA2020)

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think the Titans never maximize their cap space, so whats it matter to overpay?

Id rather over pay than get stuck with a guy for 2-3 years cause we wanted to be cheap.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

While I'd like to see him brought in, I don't see him as a WR1 talent. I think Davis would and should be above him. But I'm all for adding him if it's a fair contract.By that I mean it doesn't need to be cheap, but a fair number for both sides. Drafting and developing WRs isn't a strong suit for this franchise, so I'm cool paying a bit for a young, fast guy who's trending up.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think it hurts the overall team in the long term to overpay. We're under cap now, but if we can win with the pieces we have and get a pickup or 2, that could be the difference between making playoffs and the Super Bowl. Or making playoffs or not making playoffs. Especially if its 2 of our main pieces (RB and QB).

For where we're at now, close, but still needing a few pieces, I think it would be a good idea to lock up the pieces that have helped turn things around. Just my opinion.

I just think that we're really close to being a dominate franchise. If everything comes together this year I think it would have been a good move to sign a few pieces for cheap.

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I agree completely he's better than all but one of our WR's.... but I'm just interested in seeing our Free Agency dive start from somewhere else first... lol

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

What is the opposite happens though? What if we signed Mariota to a long term deal, and he gets injured again, only plays half the games and has more INTs than TDs? Then what if we end up with a top 5 pick in one of the best QB draft classes in recent memory? You're stuck with Mariota in that case.

That's why this year is so big/important and why they haven't and won't lock him up until next year. He's got to prove he can stay healthy and play consistently.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You just cut him. I think I mentioned that in a previous post, maybe not, that they'd have to actually take the contracts offered (they'd prob want guaranteed money). So with the way contracts are structured not sure how that'd work out.

Honestly though anything is a possibility. We've had the best player at their position twice, paid them, and then their production fell off. One because of effort, the other may have been overworked. So it doesn't always work out as planned. Won't throw Lewan in that category yet, but it looked like he regressed this year as well.

I just think Mariota has shown enough that he can win, its just his injuries. And with Henry, if he blows up this year, he's going to get paid like a top back in the league. That's 2 huge contracts that we plan on carrying into the future. Why not at least try to get 1 signed for cheap if they're willing?

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Brown has asked to be moved. Go get him!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's what I'm screamin! I want to score, I want to win. I don't care if he's a diva he backs his sh*t up.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Corey Davis is and will be WR1 for a very long time. On a normal offense he hits 1300 this year. We just need solid hands to surround him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Brown would HATE it here!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar