2018 Team Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Malik is an all around good LB. Can play any of the 4 spots. But he's not electric so it's hard to LOVE him. At 25 tho he'd be a good get

Might even have a shot at him in the 2nd if we move up

2. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

I like the potential of trading back. According to Walter football value chart this trade would even out:

Titans get: pick 33,35 overall

Browns get: 25,57,89 overall

I know the usual goal of trading back is to gain more picks but this could be a possibility for getting both Malik Jefferson and Sony Michel.

Or insert whatever players you would like at 33 and 35.

#72 GoodCat, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Unless the FO has no confidence in Henry, I don't see us picking a RB in the first two rounds. 3rd or later and I can see it, but I just don't know that a 2nd RB should be that high of a priority given the other needs we have.

That said, I'd love to have Michel. I just don't know that he's worth losing a 3rd round pick entirely over.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Yeah I don’t think it would necessarily be a sign that they don’t have trust in Henry if they made that trade and selections. I think a quality 2nd back could be very valuable in this new offense potentially. Similar to what NO did with Ingram and Kamara.

That being said I agree we can probably get that 2nd back in the later rounds. Michel is the only one I’d agree with spending that high of a pick on in this situation.

But also if this trade is made you could get two plug and play players. LB/OG could be another scenario there.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Malik at 25 would make me throw up.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Agree with this, Rb 3rd and onward. I want the first 2 picks to be quality defensive guys. The defense has been ignored early for too long.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

There is a blocking TE projected to go in the 6th round that went to Central Michigan and was a basketball star in high school. His name is Tyler Conklin. Doesn't appear to be Jacks brother, but has to be a cousin or something, right?

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

All conklin's must be related......wait what

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yea, they might not be. But, they're both from Michigan and it's not the most common name, so I was curious.

10. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Now that FA is about over, I feel our needs remain relatively the same since we failed to truly address anything. We still have major holes at NT, ILB, and SS we need to fix immediately, but also an aging and soon to be expiring pass rush. That's just on the defensive side - we still have a mediocre interior, struggling WRs, and an aging TE who looks like he is starting to regress on offense.

Hopefully we can at least plug 3-4 of these in the draft, so we can finally be in a place next year where we aren't overwhelmed in trying to fix things.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar