2018 Team Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

4.35... Just seen official number but still lol

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think if Williamson gets too expensive, the Titans will consider Leighton Vander Esch or Rashaan Evans at 25.

I agree about Malik Jefferson. I just don't see it with him.

4. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Something that hasn’t been mentioned much from what I’ve seen is the possibility of resigning Williamson, but parting ways with Woodyard. They are very similar players, and yes retaining Williamson will obviously be more expensive, but he is much younger.
    So the scenario of having Williamson replace woodyard and still draft an ILB that has more coverage skills is something to possibly consider?

Not sure what the exact contract situation is with Woodyard as far as penalty or dead money that would be created from such a move. The guy had a great year last year but he’s going to need replaced sooner rather than later as well.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

it's going to be one or the other - I just can't see JROB setting 2 c4 charges to our starting ILB's -- slow process.... one block at a time.

6. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Yeah I wasn’t saying let both Williamson and Woodyard go. I was saying the scenario of letting Woodyard go and retaining Williamson. Then drafting to replace Woodyard rather than replace Williamson.

7. JCBRAVE

Woodyard and Williamson couldn't be more opposites if they tried

And one had a stellar season while the other lost snaps to a rookie..

Say bye to Avery

8. JCBRAVE

Between FA and the draft I've already found about 6 better ILB option for us than overpaying Williamsons slow ass

Let the guy get paid by someone else

9. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

They are both run stopping LB’s who struggle in coverage. And Williamson graded out better against the run last year. Like top 5 in the league against the run actually. And the snaps he lost to the rookie were passing down snaps.
    I’m not for overpaying Avery. I just threw out a scenario that hasn’t been discussed much.

10. JCBRAVE

Sure Avery makes a bunch of tackles, but after the play was made by the runner

This is why people hate PFF so much, Williamson is top 5 nothing in reality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar