2018 Team Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. govols1010

govols1010 Starter

Takes more than a QB and LT to win a super bowl though. Can't cheap out on the rest of the team.

2. kstone

kstone Starter

I still think we could get Nickell Robey-Coleman at a good price and he could be a nice 3rd cb

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

EDGE, ILB, OG, CB, and QB -

Realistically, WR isn't a need, but would be nice to replace Eric Decker with someone who hasn't dropped the ball.. literally.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Davis is going to be a stud. OBJ dealt with hammy issues his first year too. Plus with a new offense I think he’ll have a great year.

Adoree is not the 2nd best corner from that class so far though. He’s probably 4th, maybe 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Adoree was my 2nd favorite CB is what I meant

But give it time, Adoree wasn't able to master CB while wearing 3 other hats at USC

He's got the tools I like to see my CBs with, could very easily end up the drafts best player when we look back in a few years

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah I wasn’t as high on him as you. Marshon was my #1 and White was #2 followed by King and Humphrey. Jackson was behind all those guys for me, but he played pretty well last year. He should be a solid player for sure.

He proved me wrong that’s for sure. I’m glad he’s here.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

I see Pass Rusher as one of our biggest needs. Yes, we have Orakpo & Morgan.... Both decent guys, but we have no one that any team REALLY fears off the edge. Morgan will consistently get close; but rarely hits home for the sack. Orakpo is hit or miss.... There was a long stretch this year where neither even got a sack; & our pressure had to be created by taking some one out of coverage. That makes life harder for our secondary. We DO NOT need to make life harder on an already thin position group. We need to find a way to help the secondary. The best way to do that is to create a much better; much more consistent pass rush IMO.

This is a weak class for Pass Rushers... Which is not good for us. Hopefully JRob finds a hidden gem. We need it in a bad way. If we can take some pressure off the secondary w/ a consistent pass rush it will go a long way to improving that group IMO. Adoree was better than I expected. Not great by any stretch & needs to produce more turn overs. However, he was pretty good in coverage at times.... There were also times he was not. However, he is a rookie. You have to expect that. I hope we add one more good CB on the outside. Ryan plays best in the slot & that's where he should be IMO. If we find 1 more good outside CB it would really help to get everyone where they are comfortable. This is a pretty good outside CB draft. No one appears elite from the class, but there is plenty of depth.

I hope we go all in on finding a way to field a great defense this year. We have invested heavily on offense. Now we need to make the same commitment to defense. Not to say completely ignore offense. There are still holes to address. However, we NEED much more speed on defense IMO.... At several spots.

8. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

I probably wouldn't even have him third or fourth. Handful of guys that didn't get as many reps, but looked better. He's got more potential than a lot of them though.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Handful of guys... care to provide names?

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Imo, we need to get another guy that can eat blocks and demands a double team on the dline, that would go a long way on this team. Vea is my favorite player for this team in the draft this year. 2nd biggest need imo is olb, but there's just not that big play pass rusher that I see making it to 25, I would be cool with hubbard here. I also don't see any vets that will be available to fill these holes. 3rd biggest need is a real ss, but in this draft I really only like one guy so far at that spot and it's james, I don't think that even close to possible, but he's my 2nd favorite pick for this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar