2018 Team Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Patriots Have a History of Paying Top Dollar

Mack could leave if the Raider’s can’t afford him. Currently, it looks like the Raiders are around 25 mil for total cap space this year. Mack is predicted to get paid around 20/yr. By next year that may increase. It will be tight.

Again, if he is the piece needed to get the Titans to compete for a Superbowl, I think I would pay him.

I like Orakpo to be resigned next year if things remain relatively constant between now and then, but I see Mack as a more athletic and versatile EDGE player than Morgan and obviously an upgrade.

Anyway, in summary, I like Mack to replace Morgan next year. Oh, and the Patriots DO pay for free agents. Just not Jags style.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I've begged for a NT in previous years, but at this point I don't think the position is nearly as needed or relevant as it used to be. The position is mostly useful to stop the run and our run D was pretty solid last year.

I think far more important needs are safety (Harrison from Bama or Reid from Stanford would be great adds) and LB (either OLB or ILB depending on who we add/keep in FA). If we lose Williamson we're really going to be hurting at LB depth and pass rush depth is always needed regardless of anyone's feelings on Morgan and Orakpo.

We need a 2nd RB, but I'd be willing to bet that's a position we'll address in FA. Getting a solid vet who can play on passing downs and be a threat out of the backfield to compliment Henry could be had for not a crazy amount - McKinnon or Dion Lewis would be perfect.

3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Adoree better than Ryan already?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Imo yes

5. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Not sure i’d Agree, but he has done solid. Still wish we’d have drafted Lattimore, but adoree definitely looks better than I expected.

6. JCBRAVE

Latt was a dream, we had severe issues at WR that had to be addressed, and its bad business to buy a WR in FA, so we drafted one and got the 2nd best CB

worked out for us

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Jags arent able to sign Colvin.

I think we can get him and he’d fit nicely as our CB3

8. JCBRAVE

but does he want to stay a NB for life? prob not

9. govols1010

govols1010 Starter

It scares me to think about how much salary cap just Mariota and Lewan will take up in 2 years.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

That's what happens to teams with franchise LT and QB. Scary thought sure, but better than having garbage at those positions .

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar