2018 Team/Draftee Meetings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Johnnyb, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Wanted to start a thread to discuss player meetings. We've seen in past years that JRob generally meets with most of his top few rounds of picks and the positions that he meets with give a good indication for where we're headed in the draft.

I just saw a list of the combine meetings over on WalterFootball and while it only shows 4 players we've met with so far, the positions are what I found interesting: 3 RB's and 1 OG.

Looks like we're interested in upgrading the RB position and getting a guy to compliment Henry. Michel and Johnson are both players who can catch out of the backfield and would be a change of pace backs.

I don't know anything about the Miami RB, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us selecting a RB in the 3-5th round.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I hope we do not take a RB in the first 2-3 rounds, we have other needs and complement backs can be found much later, in FA, or even undrafted.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

bingo

We have Big Dick Derrick, we good

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I think this is at very least an indication that we're moving on from Murray.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'm sure we'll see news on March 12th/13th he's been cut. No way they're paying him that roster.signing bonus.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We met with Mark Walton? One of my top sleepers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Michel is the only back I’d like to see us take if we address it early. I think he would be a great fit with Henry and a zone blocking offense. Might need to address other needs first though, and take a back between rounds 3/4/5/6. I like John Kelly (Baby Beast Mode) and Walton a lot. Hines could also be a good fit. Rolls Royce Freeman could be fun to pair back up with Mariota. Lots of options mid-late rounds.
    I’ve seen Kelly dropping as far as 6th round in some reports. Think that would be a steal.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

9. trydes12

trydes12 Starter

If the Titans draft a running back, it better be Wadley or Michel.

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

My concern with him with Walton is he had a horrible combine for his size. I know not to read too much into combine numbers, but he's a smaller back (5'11", 200lbs), runs a 4.6 40, and none of the rest of his measurements improve his athletic profile.

That's not what I like to see out of a guy who's supposed to be a change of pace/receiving back. That said, Dion Lewis ran a 4.57 40, and he's quick as hell so who knows. Walton didn't really do any of the other movement drills though, so it's hard to compare them much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar