2018 Draft (Titan Reg Season Thread)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So to be clear, you'd like to invest a 3rd round pick in a player who should never play for us to HOPEFULLY trade somewhere else in the future. You'd like that over a guy who will be on the field for every offensive or defensive snap helping us WIN?????

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't know the stats of this, but I rewatched the Steelers and Dolphins games and both used spread formations extensively vs the Pats to move the ball. Seemed like 90% of the time they went to base closed formations the Pats stuffed the running plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Marcus hasn't played a full season yet and he's a QB who relies on his legs, so having real insurance for an injury to him is well worth a 3rd to 5th round pick.

QB is by far the most important spot on the team. We would have won the Miami game if we had any kind of real backup better than Cassel, which would have put us at 10-6 and winning our division this year. That's the difference that a guy you "hope" never plays can make. And I don't like the idea of half-assing with a 6th round or UDFA QB, so what other option is there? Spend a bunch of money ($8M is the going rate of good backups) on someone in FA?

Guys in the middle parts of the draft are expected to be role players or special teams at best. Based on the averages, a lot of them are off gone from most teams within 2-3 years anyways, so spending a mid-round pick on a guy who can actually win you games and possibly provide some return on investment if you development them well is so, so worth it.

4. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Not sure how realistic it is but I’d like to see Sony Michel paired with Derrick Henry. Big Demarco guy but he looks like he’s lost a step.

5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

if that's true, this a juicy matchup for Marcus.

6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

We should be in a lot of shotgun/spread type formations no matter the opponent. Marcus is much more comfortable in them, easy to see.

7. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

I agree, and, as an added bonus, being in the shotgun makes.him an eligible receiver, so he can catch his own passes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

And Derrick seems to run just fine in Shotgun -- whereas DeMarco looks like a lost duckling.

9. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Yeah, i think we’ve seen the last of Demarco...and I like him, but cheap and young will be next years back behind Henry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar