2017 Trade scenarios

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It's obviously a projection because bama didn't use him as a seam runner. The athletics are a solid comp tho.

Gronk has 13 lbs on him but ran a 4.68 to Howard's 4.51.

Broad Gronk: 9'11". OJ: 10'1"
    Vert Gronk: 33.5". OJ: 30"
    3 Cone: Gronk: 7.18. OJ: 6.85

Athletics seems to fall on OJs side. In practice (again its projection) at the senior bowl he was catching seam route balls over his head with one hand. I think the ability is there. Just a matter of using it.

Size is comparable: 6'6 to OJs 6'5 3/4. Arm length: 34 1/4 to OJs 33 3/4. Hands 10 3/4s to OJs 10".

#21 Clark, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah I don't think Howard is necessarily a Gronk TE either in that he's not as big and doesn't really dominate people with jump balls and size, but he's absurdly smooth to the point of where he makes hard things look very easy in the way that Graham and Delanie can.

Howard could also probably put 10lbs on his frame and carry it very well without losing hardly any explosiveness.

And I don't think JRob has any issue drafting Bama guys. He had some pretty good success with them up in NE, and he didn't shy away from Henry last year. Just because we had a bad experience with Chance doesn't mean you should avoid a school that brings in blue-chip prospects year after year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I agree, by no means avoid a program like Bama, my only point was a Head Coach falling in love with his former position. We've all seen already how we'd keep 6 TEs over 3 Wrs, I just don't want that to hold more water in the end.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

So here's a great look at Howard as a blocker:

This is him taking on who most believe to be the #1 overall pick, Myles Garrett last year. He doesn't blow him off the ball, but he does what he needs to - seals him off, maintains his block and opens a great hole at the point of attack for the RB to get a first down. That's outstanding work. The next play he does the same thing on the other side. He's consistent, aggressive, and just good at it. Throw in some absurd athleticism and potential as a receiver and you've got a top 10 prospect.

Watch the rest of the video too, can see him play by play to get a feel for what he can do. Over and over and over you see OJ at the point of attack, seal guys out and laying key blocks. Then he takes a shovel pass up the middle and runs right by guys. He's the total package.

#24 Johnnyb, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

And Smooth was a very good way to describe OJ. Doesn't seem to be alot of wasted movement.

6. Clark

Yea smooth is the perfect description. A man his size shouldn't be running. 6.85 3 Cone.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

maybe he'll be able to keep up with Watt

8. Clark

That texans front 7 is scary with Watt, Clowney and Mercilus. Would definitely be one of those counter type picks for them.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate counter picks, we picked Andre Woolfok to counter Andre Johnson one time

would rather build our brand our way and let the better team show whos boss on game day

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, Hammer been S'in his D for about 2 solid months now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar