2017 Free Agent WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I would rather see us spend the money, as let amy put it back in her pocket. We have been way under the cap since Bud passed away. Berry is a difference maker and as I have posted before, great defenses have great safety play. Notice how seahawks defense went down hill after Earl Thomas was injured. I think Thomas is more important the Sherman.

KC defense really got back near the top only when Berry got healthy and back to his all PRO form. Problem is I think they franchise him again and let Poe and Charles walk. They know how great Berry is but lets hope we get a shot to sign him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

We're going to have $72M in cap space this year and per league rules, we're going to have to use some of that at some point. The best way to do so and not get in cap hell in the future would be to extend players like Lewan and sign a top FA like Berry and/or Bouye to big contracts and put a lot of that on this years cap hit by giving them signing and roster bonuses. That way we would have minimal cap hits in a few years when we need to sign Marcus to his big contract.

The way you get into cap purgatory is by continually pushing big money out to the future. At some point your debts will come due.

With the amount of space we have now, we could spend a lot this FA period and still be fine in the years to come.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As long as the cap number keeps increasing every year, there will always be a team that REALLY overpays for a player.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Pryor would be ideal, hes still growing as a wr and hes a freak. Wouldn't mind a good KR type like patterson either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar