2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

So add .1 to it and thats a good approx..

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Must've been a 35-yard track.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

4,65??

Running a 4.5 flat and running a 4.57 are different.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

People think he's on the slower side (me included). He gets beaten down the field on go routes more often than you'd expect but he gets bailed out by drops and more often by underthrown balls that allow him to get back into the play and break it up. Due to his ball skills and tackling skills, it's natural some will want to kick him inside to FS ala Earl Thomas (though Thomas wasn't slow).

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Because of speed?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, yes and no. It used to be that guys who ran over 4.5 flat had better be tall and long armed to slow the wr down and that maxim still holds true. Richard Sherman isn't running a footrace against a lot of speedy wr's without putting his hands on them.

When you are shorter like King, you don't have as much help slowing people down. Tis why NFL GM's don't like short and slow. He could get kicked inside to S, he could be faster than we think and he could go to a zone heavy scheme that will get more usage out of his ball skills and not expose his speed as much.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I could totally be missing it too. I didn't think he looked that slow but I'll have to go back and watch more of him. Clearly I'm in the miniority so there is something I'm missing.

I liked him a lot when I saw his first game and I could've easily gotten the wrong impression. Im wrong all the time haha it's part of it though.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah he definitely isn't he shifty back type for sure...I mean for his size I guess, but he's a guy you need to open lanes for and let him get churning and burning. I'm fine with that and him picking up positive yards and often. He pairs well with Murray or a back that is shifty just fine.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

And you may not be wrong. It's possible OUR impressions of him being slow are wrong because we don't get the all-22 view for college and maybe he was trying to dare them to beat him or he was playing short thinking he could catch up if he needed too. That's why we need to see him run a 40 like everyone else. He's one of those guys where the combine will be huge (if he runs his 40 there). But his size, arm length, athleticism and flat out speed (10, 20, 40) will be one of the most anticipated at the combine!

When I first saw him last year I thought he was a lock to be a first rounder. ATM, I'm not sure he even goes in round 2.

10. rekirts

rekirts Starter

—"Best player on the field. Period." That's what I got back from a scouting director during the game when I texted over some colorful praise of Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams. He's a big, tough, physical wide receiver with gliding speed. My comparison for him is A.J. Green. Williams should be a top-seven selection.

From Miller mock. Has us M.Williams and Conley

Mike Williams hype train everyone get on board.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar