2017 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Imagine if JRob traded back and then took Mike Williams and OJ Howard. Besides blowing people's minds, getting that true #1 (assuming you think Williams is that) and another TE who can block and catch and run would allow us to do exactly what you said. Keep our philosophy and create serious matchup problems for the defense.

Howard of course is not the only way to do this as there are a nice group of TE's that should be in this draft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Jake Butte could be another target for this as well. Not as highly rounded and OJ but we wouldn't necessarily need a true TE1 for it to work. Better pass catcher, Able/Willing Blocker

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

OJ would be a great fit for this team. He needs to shape up his all-around game a bit more so taking a year where he's not being heavily relied on could be good for him. He can still be a great weapon for his in his first season and after Walker retires/moves on Howard can slide right in.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Foster is my man crush this draft on defense. I would take him with our Rams pick. CB is deep so we could still get a nice secondary player with our first round pick.

5. Clark

I feel like this is very likely. Would rather use trade back a bit and gain that extra second but wouldn't mind this

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would too but everything is very dependent upon how the draft shakes out before out pick. If there is a top five talent do you still trade down for the sake of trading down? Rhetorical but of course not. I think Foster has top five ability and I don't want to see us trade down for the sake of netting a second unless all the blue chips go before us which I think is unlikely even with a weak QB class. Some teams will still reach for them early like the Rams did this past draft. Pushing down top talents into other teams laps all because they're too impatient in the search for a franchise QB. I always like more picks as it makes the draft way more entertaining when your team's up a few times a round but we need a defensive game changer like Bosa or Ramsey.

7. Clark

I think much of what my reasoning to trade down comes from is that we could reuse the 2nd to trade back up again. I feel if we could net the 12-15th pick in a trade back (plus said 2nd) we would still have top a 2 player available from our needs list. (Wr/cb/Lb) - add in the depth of CB.. 20ish will still hold a good player there.

Then trade the newly acquired 2nd plus the Rams third... and we are at the ass in of the first or the top of the second adding another player that might be falling or the possibly pick of the TE class

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That would be baller. Three first rounder's would be absurd.

9. Clark

And trade value wise is actually realistic. Maybe tough to find a trade partner but we would hold the ammo

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

TE is very deep this year. I could see Butt sliding to Rounds 3-4; scouts said H Henry would normally be a third, but the TE class was so weak last year that he went much earlier.

Howard is intriguing, though he does remind me a bit of Jared Cook. Good blocker, he can stretch the field, but seems inconsistent catching the ball.

Jeremy Sprinkle from Arkansas is another guy in this mold they can get late. I don't know if he's as fast as Howard, but he's athletic and a massive target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar