2016 NFL Draft: Day 2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Shaun O'Hara picked us as the best draft

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol what?!? Kevin Dodd showed up when Clemson needed him most. Austin Johnson has great numbers for a DT, and Derrick Henry won the HEISMAN TROPHY. Byard had 19 INTS and almost 400 tackles. Lol there's plenty of production there.

Some people had Dodd has a top 15 pick in the draft. Since you are so high on what the analyst think of players that should rank highly with you.

3. Occy

Occy Starter

Totally

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I am so jealous of the Jags! They have had a great draft so far.

5. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Starter

Meh. The jags had a great draft from the media/layman's point of view. We'll see, but nothing they did the last couple days concerns me.

Ramsey couldn't stop Mariota in the Rose Bowl, and Jack couldn't stop him in the regular season.

Speaking of people who did stop Mariota, I'm hoping we get Scooby Wright somehow on Saturday.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans had a good night. Have some faith. We're way too pessimistic.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

In 2008 the Tennessee Titans had one of the best defensive units in all of football. Who were the CB's that year? Nick Harper and Cortland Finnegan. So how was their defense so good with 1 decent CB? They had a dominant defensive line, and a safety, who at the time could play centerfield with the best of them, and had some great ball skills.

Well good thing we drafted Kevin Dodd to bolster our already solid pass rush when healthy. Some people had Dodd has a top 15 pick and thought he might go before Lawson did. If any other top 15 player falls to us, Titans fans would freak out. I get it, he wasn't on my radar either because I didn't think we would draft him. He stood up at Clemson though and looked very dominant last year. He has a chance to become one of the best edge players in this draft and isn't one dimensional. Austin Johnson, by some, is consider one of it not the best NT prospect in this class, but he can also play 3 and 5 technique. Then we just drafted a safety who can go up and get it and just play centerfield the whole game.

Nick Harper was the starting CB on a 13-3 defense. . . Just let that sink in! Dick LeBeau said that was the best 2nd day draft he has ever been apart of. That means something because the guy has been around for like 200 years. I think we had a very solid 2nd day. The Henry pick was the only pick that didn't address a need. Go back and look at Webster's second round picks if you think this was a bad draft.

#348 Dman5TX, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The "best 2nd day" thingy is a bit weak, since the draft has only been 3 days since 2010. Prior to that the second day was the late rounds.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Amazing. That's all you got out of that?

6 years is still a long time, pal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar