2016 Legal FA Tampering Period

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBC

JBC Starter

Agreed! Giving Lebeau another pass rusher isn't a bad idea at all.

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Here is what I am hoping

Schwartz - 8.5
    Incognito - 6.5
    Gipson - 5
    Harrison - 7
    Martin - 4.5
    Rookies - 10

Total - 41.5

Leaves a bit open for another role player. Would like CB, WR, OLB and MLB with top 4 picks in the draft.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd rather draft a third pass rusher than try to sign the top guy on the market. We'll have three guys playing the same position making around $30+ million.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Vernon Orakpo Morgan Harrison Casey Jones McCourty Gipson Searcy Ramsey sounds beastly lol.

Course not gonna happen lol. Just fun to think about.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We don't have to sign the top guy at the position to add pass rushing depth. Yeah, honestly, it would be pretty awesome to have that 3-man rotation but we also have a giant hole at RT, C, NT, ILB and FS. We also need to upgrade, well, every other position outside of QB. Committing that much money to 3 OLB's is risky as hell.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

Comes with baggage as well. Sorry, but I agree. Unless he accepts less guaranteed money, I don't see him getting more than 4 years and 30 million at max. More likely in the mid 20 range.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Incognito is decent, he's not great. Osemele is far superior from what I've seen this year and can play RT and even LT in a pinch! We need to stop overpaying for avg talent!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The difference is that Mack is a top 5 OC right now and probably for 2-4 years. Incognito is an avg OG who isn't going to get better.

9. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mack will get a raise so he's gonna get $8.5mil/yr min. probably $9mil...maybe higher. Why would we spend $10mil/yr on vernon (unless Morgan's injury is a long term concern)? And I think vernon probably gets more depending on how he's viewed. I'd rather get Osemele over Vernon. gives us the option of playing him at RT or LG and he also becomes a swing tackle for us in case of injury. He also allows us to keep people guessing because we COULD still take tunsil, but we don't necessarily NEED to!

Or you go out and get Schwartz and Osemele and Wisniewski or Mack and lock the OL down in free agency! Add Harrison and maybe Gipson if he's cheap and draft, here we come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar