2015 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanTime

TitanTime Special Teams Standout

I still want Winston with our pick. But I certainly wouldn't be against Cooper. Sure the defense needs help, but I think their play would improve drastically if the offense could sustain drives and stay on the field longer than 5-10 plays.

Take Winston in the first, Devante Paker in the second, then pick some help for the D.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A lot of college QB's can make some good throws, but a guy going in round 1 had better make those throws the vast majority of the time. I don't see enough consistency out of Cook. To be fair, they seem to like short throws and then want him to air it out deep. But too much inconsistency in his throws.

As I said before, I could see him making it up into the 2nd round if he does everything well/right from here on out up to the draft. He could surprise me, but right now I wouldn't even consider him in the end of round 1.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Cooper is an excellent player, but he's not that big and WR is certainly not our biggest need. I think a pass rusher ranked just as highly would do wonders! Remember, before a WR can be effective, we have to block (OL issues) and need the QB to get him the ball (QB issues).

We had several guys open in the second half and Mett couldn't deliver the ball or couldn't find them or we had penalties and sacks. Penalties and sacks don't get Cooper the ball.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If we draft a couple of pass rushers and a S we will!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Amen

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

1. Oakland - Leonard Williams, DT
    2. Jacksonville - Randy Gregory, DE
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Marcus Mariota, QB
    4. New York Jets - Jameis Winston, QB

Would be very interesting if the board falls that way.. Where do we go? Cooper? Beasley? Thompson? Ray? Oakman? Collins?

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Excellent question! I would add Ogbuehi to that list along with Fowler. Let me add another question.

What if the Bucs take Cooper and Mariota is there too? Do you take MM or one of the other guys?

Frankly, unless I'm sold on someone here, I try to trade out. Given Oher's struggles, you could see Ogbuehi be a possible pick to give us our bookends for the next decade. But there are a slew of pass rushers and if we think one is worthy of this pick, take him! Or, do you take Mariota and hope to develop him into a more conventional QB or do you drastically adapt your system for what he does best so he can start in yr 1?

BIG QUESTIONS!

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mariota there would give us a tough decision, but if Mett keeps improving each week, I think we'll pass on QB.

I don't think they'll go T again; frankly, I'd be pissed, especially cause it wouldn't be a LT.. We already grabbed our franchise LT, I know RT is important also, but not another a top pick on one plz.

I'm starting to do lots of homework on potential 1st round pick pass rushers.

I've started with Beasley.. What a freak athlete.. His first step is explosive and he has a quick spin move. Ppl dislike his size but I think he'll be fine (damn good) as a 3-4 OLB.. He's deceptively strong for his size, and he keeps his hands moving/fighting. Watch that game vs FSU, he routinely blows up LT Cam Irving whos's going to be a top 3 round pick.. 2 sacks in that game.. His strip/recovery/TD return vs NC State was incredible.. really shows he's the type of player who can change a game, which is rare. With today's passing attacks, you need more freak of nature athletes on your defense, and that's what Beasley is. I also love that he went back this year.. He could have been a 1st round pick last year, but he returned, and is letting his play on the field do the talking.

He comes with his faults too of course..Sure his size is a concern.. Now I think he has good hands/technique, but if he decides to overly rely on his athleticism/speed at the next level, NFL OT will eat him alive.. At times, it takes him too long to get off his blocks, and it has hurt him in the run game (Thought he looked especially poor vs Georgia & Gurley).

I'm not sure he's a top 5 pick yet, but He'll certainly be a good option for us.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There are a ton of pass rushers (just OLB's even) that all have the potential to be first or 2nd round picks and I havent even listed the others who could be in the 3rd/4th rnd area.

Beasley was the first guy to catch my eye last year. Watch some 2013 tape. He has a lot of saavy but sometimes I think he can throttle back his motor at times. I'd like to see him go full throttle all the time when rushing the passer. But he is excellent. Reminds me a bit of Mathis though his first step might not be as good. For an undersized guy, he doesn't get pushed around too much and he really knows how to be a penetrator on blitzes, especially on an inside rush with a twist or blitzing LB coming to the outside behind him. He also is good at knocking opasses down when he gets near the QB.

I agree, his spot is gonna depend a lot on his real measurables (size, speed, agility, arm length, strength) because he has a lot of very good tape. I like that he's a senior because we will get a long look at him in Senior Bowl practices and the senior bowl game. I like as much film as I can get and I love watching the 1v1 pass rushing drills in sb practices!

I can understand you and most of us don't want another T taken in rnd 1, but I'm just putting it out there as a possiblity.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I keep hearing that about OLB/pass rushers, so I'm really excited to dive into this class over the next few months.

I've been watching 2013 & 2014 tape of Beasley. I agree the motor isn't always there.. Not great vs run, pursuit etc.. I've been watching some Shane Ray as well, who has a much better motor IMO, he pursues hard, and is a better wrap up tackler.. He's not as strong as Beasley is IMO (rarely see Ray 'push' a guy back whereas Beasley does) but Ray locates the ball quicker, has a better motor and is a better tackler.. For now, I'd be torn between the 2 if asked which is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar