2014 World Cup Of Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Last world cup England and Germany faced each other in the round of 16. England fans watched the game on the Cliffs of Dover with a reenactment of the Battle of Britain going on.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Tim Howard beasting

The US defense has showed up.

I was wrong. Germany came out the gate trying to bury us and they need nothing from this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Can't be mad about beating Ghana, drawing Portugal and losing 1-0 to Germany in this group.

Excellent.

Love it.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't know it sounds like the US tied a game it should've won (Portugal) and lost a game it should've tied (germany) ... Can't be too happy with that. Sounds like a Jeff Fisher team to me lol

Although, don't take my opinion too hard because I didn't watch any of the games (nor do I know much about soccer). Just from what I have been reading.

6. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

"Should've" beat Portugal? "Should've" tied Germany?

lol.

The US wasn't supposed to beat any of these teams, based off the world's opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Told 'ya Germany would come out flying.

And what'd the US do... as predicted? Played for the tie.

Terrible, really. You could tell they were shell-shocked that Germany showed up to play.

Amazing that we only allowed them 1 goal considering we kept handing them countless opportunities.

Question: Why can't our defense clear the ball? One of the easiest things to do in soccer...

It gave Portugal a near-goal... and then also gave them the game tying goal. Gave Germany countless tries this match.

Will say though- I like the way our knockout round matches are shaping up... though maybe we NEED the tough route. Had we actually played for 90 minutes today, we could have at the very least tied this one.

8. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately that statement is wrong and even more wrong ;)

In NFL terms the Portugal game ended on a hail mary on the final snap with no time on the clock. They could probably run the scenario all day and not pull that play off again.

Germany is ranked #2 in the world. The fact that the US only allowed them to score 1 goal is a small victory in itself and the US did have 2 great opportunities in stoppage time to tie it up

Its a shame that the US advancing out of this group is being so underestimated/underappreciated by the general public because we tied a game and then lost a game. When they drew this group 7 months ago even most of the experts were saying there was little to no chance of the US advancing and now that they actually did there's so much, like oh my god, like we totally lost the game, like advancing to the next round doesnt mean as much because we lost which is 1000% ridiculous

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Let's not pretend Portugal is a great team.

And we GAVE them that hail marry attempt.

Ghana has been playing handi-capped... so there's that as well.

The world overrated this group like no other. I called it's bluff from day 1.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok I missed most the match, caught just the beginning, somebody fill me in on where this leaves the US?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar