2014 World Cup Of Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

At least this US team seems to be much better than any other US team from the past four cups.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Just be glad your country actually qualifies for the World Cup, Americans and Australian. Group of Death > no group at all.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah it's a rough group but this is a better squad than what we've had in a few years now. We eventually have to beat Ghana, so might as well be this time around. Portugal is a good team but we can beat them. They have Ronaldo but the rest of their team is pretty average.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Goooo England...

I feel bad for the USA :) They won't even make it out of the group.. What a terrible draw for them haha.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yeah, that is going to be a horrible one for you guys.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How do you even know?

.... and why do you keep up with it?

7. Deuce Wayne

Personally, I think everyone is overreacting to this group.

Everyone hears the name "Germany" and freaks out, but Germany isn't the power they've been in the past. I'd much rather be in this group than any group with Spain or Brazil.

That #2 ranking looks great and intimidating on paper- but I don't give a sh** about Germany. Mostly because I think they beat Ghana and Portugal- so the game vs us won't mean much for them.

And Ronaldo has been my favorite player for years, but Portugal isn't a world-beater, either. If you can keep Ronaldo from scoring, you've got a solid chance of beating them.

Ghana isn't that good. Simply put. We should beat them game 1. If not- that's on us, but that should be a win.

The US has a history of playing better against better opponents. Combine that with how this team is better than any we've ever had, and I don't think our chances are so bad.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Try actually going to the caribbean....NICE. Planning a trip to St. Lucia now for spring break. Teaching is fun. LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Ghana is going to be a tougher opponent than Portugal. Portugal is overrated. Ronaldo is an arrogant "me-first" player thay can be made pretty much ineffctive during a game if you cover him tightly and tackle him hard. He is a *****.

10. Deuce Wayne

A "me first" player that is arguably the best in the world.

Not exactly easy to shut down, considering no one can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar