2014 Tennessee Vols Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RockyTop Fox, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Why the hate on butch?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cause he said he would suck when hired and would rather hate on him than admit being wrong.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

What has he done to not be classified as "suck"? My god, the coach worship by Tennessee fans is disgusting.

A bowl game?

We're the damn University of Tennessee. Coaches have been ran out of town for going to a middle of the road bowl game and them fools in Knoxville are acting like they made the playoffs.

IMO since the arrival of the playoffs, every other bowl is irrelevant. A waste of time. I doubt I'll even watch. Wake me when he wins some ****.

I'll believe in Butch when his teams can compete on the field with Saban, Malzahn, Miles, Sumlin, Richt and hell even Gary Pinkel.

I don't see BJ as anymore than a 2nd tier SEC coach at best. He isn't going to beat Saban, Malzahn or Miles on a regular basis and that is what it is going to take to be successful in this league.

Now you have Jim McElwain at Florida who has been handed a talented roster. They will be rolling quickly. BJ couldn't beat Florida at their most dysfunctional the past two years.

His coordinators are ****. Those two are not on the level of anyone at the upper level SEC schools. Not even close.

Can CBJ recruit? Absolutely. Is it enough to field a championship product? No.

CBJ will never win a championship at Tennessee.

He will compete in the East, he will put Tennessee back in respectable bowl games, if you care about that anymore.

If that is your expectations for the Tennessee program then congratulations, BJ is your guy.

By the talk and attitude coming out of Knoxville that is the exact expectation.

Be relevant, get in the top 25 but National Championships are not something they will expect. Just high fives and chest bumps when UT gets in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl.

I want Tennessee to be Alabama. I want multiple National Titles in a handful of years not once every couple decades. I want to be in Atlanta most years, not once a decade.

BJ is not the guy. He will restock the cupboard with talent and be out the door by 2017. Now Tennessee will just get to pay him for an additional three years after they can him.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Do you feel better now? Butch has done fine....who do you want?????

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]

Anything less is failure.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Anyone else not a big fan of this trophy? It's also going to have Dr.Pepper engraved on it.

BCS had a better trophy

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Trophy is indeed ugly.

Luckily Tennessee will never have one.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So like I said, xo doesn't want to admit he's wrong!

Brick by brick baby!

No really the next few years should tell. I have concerns about his coaching. But he has brought us out of the abyss AND is recruiting like a boss. So far so good. Nobody not even Nicky satan could've turned the vols into a championship team in 2 years

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

sometimes it takes a coach to right the ship.

You guys are so broken, that it will take a guy like Butch to make you an attractive organization to higher level coaches again.

Look at what Michigan and soon to be Nebraska.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree there is no gurantee Jones will be a multi decade icon of Tennessee football history. But give him his due. He put the dumpster fire out. If he is gone at the end of 2019 because of the things you stated at least UT will have the chance to grab one of the best HCs instead of being used as leverage by the best HCs.

and FWIW Jones using Michigan as leverage at least shows he is a desired coach.

Last UT HC is a coordinator in the NFL and the one before that is a coordinator in the SEC and the one before that is unemployed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar