2014 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No it's not. All you have to do is look at the pay scale of what top linebackers get in their second NFL contract. Compare it to LT, QB, DT and DE. There's no comparison.

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Its all relative to the team. They may not be paid as much, but not because they are less important. What would Carolina be without kuchley? Dude made 24 tackles and a pick last week. That's premium. There are so few impact lb, this guy could be one. Not many impact d players in this draft like that

3. Fry

Kuchley was above average without the big DTs in front of him. He had the talent, but he needed to be protected to run around and make plays.

We can go ahead and take Mosley and then we'll watch him get eaten up by blockers because we don't have anyone in front of him.

Football comes down to two things; do you have a good quarterback and can you win the line of scrimmage. We can't say yes to either and a linebacker that isn't worth a top ten pick won't help us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I would really like to see Louis Nix fall in our laps we are missing a big impact in the middle.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Jurelle Casey is no one in front of him? Same hill has played well, but we really are not sure about him because of injuries. Also cam guarantee that we add another impact de from draft or fa. So yes we will have solid players and if we does get eaten up, leaves room for brown and ayers to finally make plays. How do u say he isn't top 10? A lot of sites have him as one of the best ilb in years?

6. titanswinnow

titanswinnow Special Teams Standout

Did you mean outside? As I remember Jurrell Casey was one of the best in the league. Our DE play has been poor...

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Having Nix would free up Casey in a BIG TIME way. If we grab Nix, it would also free up our ends too. Nix and Casey would make a huge impact on this defense and that's who I also want to see in Nashville.

Collapsing the middle is crucial in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Our run game is piss poor. Casey gets good penetration and pressure but is not elite, yet. We are lacking a big body in the middle that can push the pocket which would only make everyone better on the line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Sammie Hill sucks and Jurrell Casey needs someone big next and talented(i.e not a Shaun Smith type) to take on double teams in the run game.

As far as Mosley not being a top-ten pick, very few MLBs are worth a top-ten pick. That's why it isn't a premium position. Mosley isn't one of those guys. Honestly, I see him a lot more like Alec Ogletree last year, he just isn't a 4-3 MLB. More WLB where he can use his speed to make plays. He spends a lot of time getting blocked.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

The guy who completely dissapeared in the national championship last year? Overrated! Duh duh duh duh duh. Overrated!

Best player available this year. Whether it be qb, de, dt, lb.. whatever..and I can tell you this. Louis nix (no matter how highly these websites rank him) will not be the bpa at our pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar