2014 NFL Draft: Pick #11 - OT Taylor Lewan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

We got Roos in the 2nd, Stewart in the 4th. There are plenty of good OTs left in this draft - Tiny Richardson, Morgan Moses, Jack Mewhort, Cyrus Kouandjio. They may not all be as good as Lewan, but I'd take a serviceable guy at OT if it meant getting a defensive playmaker in the 1st, or anyone that will actually play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am telling you, dude plays angry. That's what this team needs. I like it. Like I said, I would have liked Defense there too, but outside of Donald, who here as a pick that is as guaranteed value and need wise as lewan, that hadn't already been taken???!!!

3. FireMedic34

FireMedic34 Camp Fodder

I'm not saying that "no one" wanted a LT. I was simply posting based on the fact that when JFF was still available, most thought the Titans would take him. Again, I'm glad they didn't. Going to the ESPN coverage and what not that might come along with JFF, what happens to all that coverage when he gets injured? He is exciting, don't get me wrong, but he is a playground style QB, that crap won't last long against professionals.

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

You sound like like you already had the pleasure. Hence, "butthurt".

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I took on a pack of Jaguar fans at the draft, they booed me hard but I got those guys going lol. Never ashamed to rep my team.

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I don't believe a single person has said they wanted us to take a RB at 11.

Welcome to the forum. Put on your big boy pants cause there's a lot of negativity that floats around doesn't make people bad fans just passionate. I think it's going to be another long year.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Might as well blame Webster for global warming and 9/11 while you're at it.... Seriously, do you guys think the Browns are idiots and gladly give away whatever we want from them??

Unless you have proof that Webster turned an amazing deal, common sense dictates the Brown were offering less than face value (as well they should! That's why you negotiate) and wouldn't budge.

I would have been pissed if we had taken anything less than the Browns 1st and 2nd round picks, and I doubt they offered that.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

It is if it's at a position that you don't need.

9. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

It's funny, because you are correct even though you're trying to be sarcastic and think you are smart. There are typically just as many LT's taken in the 7th round as there are in the first. You should pay more attention to the draft, and not just be biased on the first ten picks (which is probably the only part of the draft you watch, based on your statements.)

Maybe they aren't starting caliber rounds 3-7, but even in round 1, the premier tackles need coaching to transition their game.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really don't see how Houston can sell drafting Carr to the fan base. I mean, I know it seems silly but that would be like us drafting VY's kid brother.

But yeah, I still don't think Carr or Garapolo are there when we pick. Oakland will probably go QB as well. So that's Houston, Oakland and Tampa who are all in front of us and needing a QB. Then there's always the possibility of other teams trading up. And unfortunately we don't have the ammo to move up.

I think the best we can really hope for is Murray in the 4th. And that's a long shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar