2014 NCAA Tournament...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titanup1982, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

That team was already depleted of talent in my opinion.

Scraps from Fulmer and most of Kiffin's class had either hit the bricks or didn't show up.

Dooley's first and second class were underwhelming.

Tennessee was only a 7 point favorite at HOME against Cincinnati who was far more talented than you give them credit for.

Tennessee ended up blowing them out.

Jones' offense only couldn't keep up against a Tennessee defense made up of mostly inexperienced and average freshman and sophomore.

That game is a great measuring stick for Jones.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

GO VOLS! oh and MUCK FICHIGAN

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Well damn, when you're a small school going up against Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rodgers, Marlin Lane, Mychal Rivera, and 4 future NFL offensive linemen, you're gonna have a bad time. How many future pros did Butch have in that game again?

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

U OF A U OF A U OF A

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

That team was so talented they managed to win six games while Cincinnati won their conference and went on to beat a Vanderbilt team in a bowl game that had UT beat at Neyland until the Eric Gordon miracle.

Butch Jones won his conference!

Wasn't that one of the reasons we hired him? His success at mid majors?

I'll give you Tennessee being more talented but the gap was not that great.

Again, Tennessee was only a 7 point favorite at home. Everyone was expecting a much better game out of Butch Jones.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It could have just been a bad day. Bill Belichick lost to the Browns several times in the past few years, and his team has just looked plain bad. Give Dooley and Butch the same team against the same opponents and Butch will have much better results. I'm not entirely sold on him, but I trust him more than Fooley.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

The best thing is that I realize Butch gets another pass in 2014 because that is the nature of our fans and the culture of our program. We are nearly as bad as Georgia when it comes to swooning on coaches.

Check the schedule

Utah State
    Arkansas State
    Oklahoma
    Georgia
    Florida
    Chattanooga
    Ole Miss
    Alabama
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    Missouri
    Vanderbilt

Find 7 wins

8. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

2015 is when UT will emerge in the spotlight.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I see a minimum of 7 if they just beat the teams they're supposed to.

No excuses not to get some sort of bowl game this season and get to 9 wins in 2015... when I'm no longer there.

That's what'll happen. I'll be gone and they'll dominate.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

and make a bowl game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar