2014 FA list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

... so you want to replace our injury prone QB with an injury prone QB?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

is that a selfie? :biggrin2:

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

My FA wish list:
    Jared Allen -- Hardy and Bennett will be the big money makers at DE this year and Michael Johnson won't be far behind them (though I think he'll take a two year deal similar to Cliff Averil's last offseason) but I think that Jared Allen is the best value DE on the market. Allen will be 32 this year and had a bad first half but he still finished the season with 10+ sacks; much like John Abraham though I think his age will scare some teams away. I think Allen could be had for a contract similar to the one Robert Mathis sign with the Colts in 2011 (4 years, 40 million); both were the same age and coming off of perceived down years. I think that Allen at 4 years 45 million (with the major portions of the contract hitting in 2015 and 2016) would give us the 10+ sack pass rusher that we so desperately need across from Derrick Morgan.

Joquie Bell -- If we release Chris Johnson we need to collect options at HB to replace him. The Lions are facing some cap issues this season so I do not think they would place more then an original round tender on Bell (he was undrafted). I think he can be part of a "HB by committee" approach until we can find a feature back. I'd put his value around the 3 years, 6 million dollar contract given to Chris Ivory by the Jets this season.

Matt Schaub -- If we hire Dan Quinn I want to pair him with Gary Kubiak as his offensive coordinator (and Kyle Shannahan as his QB coach). If we can get Kubiak then I think it makes sense to replace Fitzpatrick with Schaub as Locker's competition/back up due to his familiarity with the offense. In 2014 our starting QB is the winner of the Locker/Schaub competition; if Locker wins and performs well in 2014 we can pick up his option in 2015, but if Schaub wins and performs well we let Locker go and draft a guy in the second round in 2015. If Locker and Schaub fail we mark it as a bad go at it and draft a QB with our most likely top 10 draft pick in a QB class the figures to feature Marcus Mariota, Bryce Petty, Brett Hundley, Kevin Hogan, Blake Bell (if he transfers and has a good year), and possibly James Winston.

The pair those 3 with a draft of:
    Round 1) Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    Round 2) Loucheiz Perfoy, CB, Florida
    Round 4) Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin

4. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

are you referring to my avatar? it's Jon Snow from the show Game of Thrones.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I can't believe you just included Blake Bell into that conversation! That guy was/is the worst college football quarterback, I'd rather have Jordan Lynch! When your QBs nickname is that after a very heavy immobile piece of grading equipment(BellDozer), it really says something about his passing skills.

Horrible, this idea!

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Tate or Bell would be a good signing for the right price. Orakpo would be a beast but I doubt we overpay. NO SCHAUB

7. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

If we send CJ packing, Tate would be a great pick up for our running game. I hope we can add some pass rush and find real help at LB in FA.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I Believe Bell is a restricted free agent, so doubt we sign him.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Wait, so Schuab wasn't the answer for the Cows to win a SB, yet you want to sign him? Logic!

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Ahh, didn't know that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar