2014 FA list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

McCown already said he's resigning with the Bears

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Names that interest me (and that are somewhat realistic):

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Joique Bell, James Starks, Rashard Mendenhall, & La'Rod Stephens-Howing

OT: Jared Veldheer, Austin Howard, Michael Oher, Zach Strief, Byron Bell, & Eric Winston

NT: Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas, & Earl Mitchell

ILB: Karlos Dansby, Donald Butler, Perry Riley, & Brandon Spikes

CB: Captain Munnerlyn, Sam Shields (only if we lose Verner)

S: TJ Yard, Jairus Byrd, & Malcolm Jenkins (only if we lose Pollard)

Really want us to go hard after NT & ILB. If we pickup those two in free agency, that allows us to focus on OLB, QB, and RT in the draft.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I like Spikes, watch most of the Pats games because they're my friends team. He's pretty good, not sure if he won't get resigned though.

I'd also be really interested in picking up MJD. The dude gives a lot more heart than CJ, but has a lot of miles as well. Bell would be a great pick up as well.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bell is a restricted FA, so to get him will cost us a pick, a pick we can't afford to give up.

As for MJD, what makes you think he has gas left? He's up there now and missed time with an injury.

And for Brandon Spikes, he'd be a nice addition, but I doubt New England lets him go. He is hurt right now, so who knows. Pats do have depth behind him, so we'll see. Arthur Moats is a name to keep an eye on, he's a good ILB in a 3-4.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wouldn't mind pairing MJD w/ Greene & late round rookie. But if i'm MJD, i'm looking for a contender.

6. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

We spent $100 Million during an off-season filled with BIG expectations that simply bought us a 7-9 record and the way over due firing of Mike Munchak. Sammie Hill, George Wilson, Kamerion Wimbley, Kevin Walter, Chris Spencer and even Rob Tuner (who played well enough in the beginning of the season to warrant a good signing that faded into IR along with the rest of the 2013 Titans seemingly).

Roos and Stewart along with Chris Johnson are "huge" cap numbers in 2014, and not going after Cliff Avril or Michael Bennett last year to solidify the "D Line" was a head scratcher with all the free agent money we had. This team with the right coaching last year could've won 10 or 11 games easily, and has the core talent right now under Whisenhunt to win a Division Title in 2014. I'd keep both sides of the ball relatively intact depending on the Johnson decision with a few minor adjustments.

Pollard and Verner as we all know are the two top priority's come March when free agency starts and I would love to see Bennett, Orakpo and even John Kuhn (which you are 100% right about JCBRAVE) to put on a Titans uniform. Too much of that precious $100 Million dollar spending spree money went to waste. What ever happens in the spring, let's not make that same mistake again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not sure what you mean by cheap. Do not think we could get him for the veteran minimum. If we can get him for $2.5 million I would go for it. He will fit the offense well and hold us over for a year or two.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think Stewart needs to go. He reminds me a lot of Zach Piller the last year we had him. Just too broken down. Roos though I believe could play 3-4 more years. No joke. Like another Benji Olson.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

I completely agree with you Hammer.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

When youre a Jag your whole career, youll take whatever you can get

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar