2014 Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First list is without re-signing anyone, without cutting anyone, no fa's and no draft projections.

Offense
    WR1 Nate Wash Justin Hunter
    TE Delanie Walker Craig Stevens Taylor Thompson
    LT Michael Roos ? Byron Stingily
    LG Andy LeVitre
    OC Schwenke
    RG Chance Warmack
    RT David Stewart? Byron Stingily
    FB Quinn Craig Stevens
    WR2 Kendall Wright Michael Preston?
    QB Jake Locker Ryan Fitzpatrick Tyler Wilson
    RB CJ Shonne Greene Jackie Battle

Defense
    LDE Morgan Kamerion Wimbley
    LDT Sammie Hill Mike Martin
    RDT Casey Klug
    RDE Klug Lavar Edwards
    OLB1 Ayers Bailey
    MLB Fokou McCarthy
    OLB2 Brown Gooden
    LCB McCourty TCampbell Wooten
    SS GWilson Stafford
    FS Griffen Wilson
    RCB Sensabaugh Blidi

K - Bironas
    P - Kern
    KR/PR - ?

A Player with an asterisk either has a contract I don't know (Preston) or has voidable years (Roos and Stewart list 2014 as voidable years according to rotoworld's contract info - not positive it's correct though. Anyone know?).

What should jump out at you is our lack of depth along the interior OL, no returner, new starters at RCB, Nickel Back, RDE, missing depth on DL, lack of WR depth, and the possibility of needing 2 starting OT's (if Roos and Stewart can void their contract and do).

Unfortunately, losing all our free agents probably leaves us with a little over $4mil in cap space. According to the Tennesean (prior to start of season) we had contracts worth 122mil in June but not all of those players are still on the roster. On the other hand, the cap only looks at the top 53 players (51 at times) so I'm guessing those players aren't going to affect it either way. This is my best guess atm.

We could use a starting OT, a WR, depth at LT and interior OL, starting RDE unless they thing Klug can play there. Might need a starting CB or SS or FS.

Contemplate this until my next posts tomorrow:)

Gut

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was going to start a new topic but may as well ask it here:

If Munch is retained, are we going to look for a new QB? I know Locker is under contract, but he can't stay healthy. We know what we have with Fitzpatrick and we have no idea what we have in Tyler Wilson.

That is a lot of risk for a coach who knows that if he doesn't perform, he doesn't get a new contract.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I actually think if cutler or Big Ben are available we try to sign them but as of now I think both stay put and get resigned by their respective organizations. It is difficult to find a good qb at times and they are both decent. We have to go after a new qb any which way you think about it, our situation is not working out like Munch thought it would and Jake can't even develop because he hasn't been on the field for the past 2 years.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Roos' does not have a voidable year on his contract and it set to be a FA in 2015 unless we cut him.

Stewert has a team option for 2014 which means we can decide to let him go with no cap penalty or keep him for the 2015 season for 6.4 million

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We need to get Pollard and Verner locked up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

Don't forget Casey.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Roethlisberger is under contract for several more years.

If the Titans want him, it will take a 1st-round pick and probably a lot more. Not even worth discussing at this point.

8. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Cutler sucks. Did you see him against Philly? Cutler is not an upgrade over Locker or Fitzpatrick.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes a small upgrade to an injured Jake Locker

If Jake can stay healthy Id love to see things work out for him. But IDK if thats possible. Kid just takes too many dumb hits.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Giving Jay Cutler a huge contract is exactly the kind of stupid, team-destroying thing I expect the Titans to do.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar