2014-2015 Nashville Predators Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Win or lose, hope they make it to game 7 to make it more interesting. Not jack on TV these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I heard on the radio that some Preds fan said Chicago will lose tonight so they can win the 4th game in front of their fans. In this series no team would want to do that. Both teams have played hard and you never know what that puck will do on the way to the goal.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That theory has been and always will be ridiculous. Losing on purpose in the playoffs would be the dumbest idea possible.

I'm sure it's happened before though.

4. RavensShallBurn

What sucks is that the Preds have, overall, held leads in the games longer than Chicago has.

Chicago probably has 30 total minutes of leads throughout the series. We probably have a solid 60 total minutes of leads.

But they make the game winning shots that we can't. And that's the difference.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah, that is a ridiculous assumption. If they win this one, they're guaranteed to get a couple more home games, at least. I think the fans would forgive them for winning an away game to finish the series.

Plus, it's more demoralizing to the opponents to off them at their own barn.

RSB said it best.. so far, the Hawks can finish games, Preds can't.

If the preds could have pulled their heads out of their asses late in the season, they could have drawn the Jets 1st round, and essentially had a free ride to the 2nd round, like the Ducks got.

They made their own fate by choking down the stretch. The high dollar players (Rinne, Weber) were quite unimpressive in the last 1/4 of the season.. and Rinne hasn't been great this whole series, though he did have some great saves in the OTs last game. Overall, he's getting outperformed by a guy who was.. lemme think... Hutton, Mazanec, Hellberg...
    4 strings below him in the Preds organization last year.

Time for him to step his game up. Every goalie gets screened.. Time for him to earn his money.. as well as Neal, and Forsberg has also done nothing in this series.

#225 nickmsmith, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

It's funny how we have a 2-3 shot lead in games, but the other team usually comes back and ties it very easily toward the end of games. Not just against Chicago, but other teams in the last half of the season. I don't understand.

It's somewhat disappointing seeing them dominate first half of the season then watching them dwindle down.

7. RavensShallBurn

I think Pekka is getting blamed way too much. We put him in awful situations time and time again. He can only do so much.

People just assume because we allow 3-4 goals that it was all Pekka's fault, but that's not really true.

There were a few games where he was sluggish and tired, and it showed. But I think he's been absolutely fine in this series, minus a goal or two. And that happens to every goalie.

Pekka deserves better.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea I doubt we would be in playoffs if we didn't have Pekka. We'll see what kind of heart and motivation they play with tonight.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

sub-or right around 90 percent save percentage is not acceptable for a goalie of his caliber in the playoffs, at any time. he's had a decent SV% on 2 of the 4 games.. not looking so hot.

If he gets credit for being good when he had Suter/Josi/Weber in front of him, then he deserves some of the blame when it's not going great for him. He has been pedestrian for most of this series, and he is one of the highest paid goalies in the league.

If he has to have 2 of the best Dmen in the sport in front of him to have above a 90% save percentage, then his greatness is overinflated.

He was average a lot of the time after he got back from the injury this year.

But the biggest problem with this team is the lack of offensive production for sure.

#229 nickmsmith, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I hope that continues tonight

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar