2013 Record/Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I voted no just in case it was questionable.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

FTR, I think we're still a medicre at best team, not built to do anything in the playoffs. especially with a pretty much unaddressed defense (which was awful last year) Unless Sammie lee Hill is primed to become 2008 Haynesworth 2.0. We've got a QB who hasn't proven anything, a RB who can't seem to hit his stride until half the season is done, an ok, but not quite electric receiving corps,2/3 of a good LB unit, a below average DL, a terrible secondary.

And our new "strong point" has not played one snap of football as a cohesive unit. Sorry to be the downer. Better now than to have it all come tumbling down by week 2 or 3.

Maybe I'm wrong about this.. And consider me very happy about being wrong if it ends up that way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't like us facing Pittsburgh so early, their front 7 is confusing. Everyone looks the same, too many guys wearing numbers in the 90’s. They move around a lot before the snap making it hard to keep track of any one player.

I don't like the thought of Locker having to see them first, wish we had some weak opponents earlier to warm-up on.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yea i voted no. Season is too far away and I haven't really looked at the schedule. Training camp will bring a better look.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Meh, Locker's in his 3rd year. He can either compete against top defenses or he can't. I don't think it really matters what week they come.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well its always better IMO to get your feet wet before having to jump in the deep end. But maybe not, sometimes when the waters cold you just gotta dive in and deal with it, otherwise you'll just be sitting there with your big toe in the pool watching everybody else play Marco polo.

7. M13

M13 Rookie

At worst: 0-16
    At best: 16-0

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Honestly, the only things I am for sure will happen are this:

1- We lose badly to Broncos, Seahawks & 49ers unless by some random luck we play them when they have major injuries, if Peyton had got hurt for example

2- The only games I am almost positive we will win are at least one if not both Jags games and the Jets game as I believe they will be terrible next year.....that's it. No other game is by any means a guaranteed win. I saw no chance we lose to Vikings or Jags last year and it still happened.

3- The Chiefs and Dolphins are similar to Titans as they have some random talent but still rebuilding. We 'should' be able to win both games but I can see either of them beating us randomly like the terrible Jags did last year as they both teams as of now have better QBs

4- To be honest, both the Steelers and Chargers are on the decline. Their stars are old and if we can get it together, I believe we can win both. But Steelers week 1 at Pittsburgh really sucks, I think if we played them mid season like last year, we would be better off. In the past we have always lost when we played them early (since McNair left) the Chargers are whole different issue. The Titans/ Oiler Franchise hasn't beaten any Charger team since '93!!! Unbelievable stat.

5- Black and White, if Locker blows, the Titans do as well.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is what it comes down to for me. We went 7-9 last year with a trash OL, an injured or old QB, CJ being solid, a defense that was solid but always on the field, pretty bad coaching staff, and yeah injuries. I look so far at this off season and I see a much better OL, Locker healthy and ready to go, CJ going to have some running lanes and Greene here for short yardage, deepest WR core we've ever had in Nashville plus the versatile Walker, a couple big upgrades on defense, Gregg Williams, and the right mix of young talent, experience, and some much needed injection of leadership lead by Locker and Levitre on offense and McCarthy and Pollard on defense. Someone can always say well it depends on the QB but that's exactly right for us this year, if you believe Locker is going to step it up and lead us then we make the playoffs if not then we don't. I don't see how an improved and heathy Locker led team misses the playoffs, especially with all of our upgrades.

10. Wraith

Wraith Starter

If Locker Plays like i think he will 12-4
    Locker plays decent 9-7 or 10-6
    Locker plays poorly 7-9 or 8-8
    I think our schedule and overall improvements to the team make that much of a difference. Injuries obviously can throw this all out the door, but I really like our chances this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar