2013 GM Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Scarecrow, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

In doing my Falcons pick research, it looks like this board values Trufant a lot more than just about anybody doing mocks.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I like Trufant more than any other corner in this draft. Frankly, I'd have Milliner third behind Trufant and Rhodes.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can't see him falling past 9. And I honestly believe he'll go earlier. QB is the most important position on the field and someone will roll the dice early on. The Chiefs, Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Cardinals, Bills, and Jets are all without a true franchise QB. I know some of those teams recently acquired new QBs. But the likes of Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn and Alex Smith aren't exactly scaring any defensive coordinators. And you know deep down their respective teams know that. They are stopgap QBs at best.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't either. In my mock, I have him going to the Bills. So I blame Titanup for taking Chance Warmack at #8. That just ain't gonna happen.

It's just too hard for him to slip by the Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Browns, Cardinals, Bills, and Jets. Surely one of those teams will take him.

Last I heard the Eagles aren't interested in Geno anymore though.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

thanks for the help gents, I thought it wouldn't need this much attention and these 12 hour shifts are distracting me from this.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I really think there is zero chance Geno Smith goes in the top 10, word is he's interviewing awfully. That sucks because one less position player will be there for us, but oh well.

It's a pretty weak draft for top end talent even though some positions are deep. It's very evident with the corner class, but I don't think Milliner gets out of the top 10. If he didn't run 4.38 at the combine and 4.35 at his pro day he wouldn't be a top 10 pick, but that's smoking fast for a dude his size.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Some draftniks say that their isn't a single CB with a rnd 1 grade. I don't agree with that, but it shows how different people evaluate these guys.

I am thinking that Milliner could fall. The Lions is the main team that he gets mocked to, but the Lions really have bigger needs at OT and at DE than at CB. The FA market showed that the value of CB appears to be falling some because the CBs didn't get paid the way that they expected and their are still quite a few vets on the market.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

The closer and closer we get to the real NFL draft, the more I become disappointed with these prospects. Theirs no real studs or difference makers in this draft, just a lot of ifs and potential. I wouldn't mind using the Patriots strategy this year and stock pile picks in the 2nd and middle rounds a lot of decent talent, that could be just as good as the 1st round guys.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Falcons fans are underestimating him.

0% chance he's there at #30 when they pick.

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I agree, it took me about 45 min of extra research to figure out who to pick for the Bears at 20 after my top 1-5 guys were all taken before that pick. I would read about a guy and go "meh'

that being said, i still think if possible our (tennessee) best move would be to drop back if possible and accumulate an extra pick or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar