2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Wow, I would love any combination of Brent Grimes, Chris Carr, Nate Clements, Brice McCain, Dashon Goldson, and Jarius Byrd. La'Ron Landry is a presence but his coverage is suspect. Didn't realize so many guys would be available.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He's playing in the east west shrine game

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It's an early list I suppose. I expect 2/3 of the good players will be retained by their respective teams.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Prospect that I want to throw out there:

Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah St
    5'8 190 lbs - Senior
    Projected 40: 4.4
    Projected Rd: 6th rounder

[​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505058/kerwynn-williams

Senior year:
    200 atmpts, 1277 yards, 6.4 YPC, 12 TDs
    43 Rec, 663 R. Yards, 5 TDs

Was the spell back behind Robert Turbin (current backup in SEA). Rushed for 542 yards on 81 attempts last year, in very limited time. He also returned kicks in 2010 and 2011 & holds the WAC record for return yards. Kerwynn Williams ranks 11th in the nation in all-purpose yards (163.0), 23rd in rushing (106.4), and tied for 34th in the nation in scoring. He will play in the East-West game, so make sure you check him out there. He can be our good Darius Reynauld, a jack of all trades.. a Darren Sproles if you would. Kerwynn lined up as the slot receiver many times this year. He's got great vision and speed. In highschool he was a RB/WR Fr-Jr, then was a dual-threat QB his senior year, came to Utah St as an athlete. Majored in marketing and had a 3.8 GPA.

I do believe he will start to move up boards, 4th-5th rounder. All depending how his combine goes, if he's a legit 4.4 - thaty'll bump him up. I'd draft him in the 5th, potentially in the 4th. He can return kicks for us, and provide a speedy backup for CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Burkhead can be had probably as an undrafted free agent after the draft...he can run, catch, pass, field kicks, anything really.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I watched Williams bowl and he looked fantastic.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

So we should draft another WR if the BPA is a WR? I never agree with the BPA only logic...you have to take account of what your team needs...you can draft BPA, but what if you already have that position filled? The guy won't get any time to develop.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

There is a tie of #1 needs...it's between SS and O-line...after that it's CB and O-line...after that it's D-line and O-line

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Actually, till now we don't have an F'in #1 WR...

To me a number one has to be one of those bigger/faster/do-it-all type guys, I'm thinking Megatron, Fitz, Andre, A.J, Dez, White, etc... As you can see, there is no shortage of them either.

Till Britt comes back to life, we won't have that. For me KW's ceiling is a great possession receiver - ala Mason, as we've said before. From him in the small sample size, I havn't seen what makes me believe that he can be 1 of those 'do-it-all' guys I listed above... I do however really think beside a taller guy as a #2, he can be down-right deadly.

I can actually list EVERY single position across the board, including WR, and make a strong case for it being a need. So yeah, draft the best damn player on the board, especially b/c right now they are all 'needs' anyway...

--

In regards to the WR talk, if Jake can't settle down back there, it doesn't matter who is running around out there, the dude won't hit him. If his accuracy doesn't improve next season, i will be calling for his head.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We have bigger needs like OL and SS. I don't care if BPA is at WR, adding OL and defensive help will win us more games than another WR with a developing QB. WR class is better next year anyway.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar