2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

MLB prospects and thoughts

Te'o -6'2 - 245

Pros -- Reads runs and play actions very well. Doesn't bite on play action and reads the o line to decide his actions. Good hands. Heavy hitter with plus instincts. Strong leadership. Fiery player. Rarely makes a mistake in his reads. Run stop and play action reads I grade as an A

Cons -- heavy footed at times. Not "slow" but not really quick either. Tackling technique is sloppy. Head first and will whiff on tackles going for a big hit. I'd grade his coverage skills as a C

Aurther Brown -- 6'1 - 223

Pros -- Quick. Fluid hips and decent coverage skills. Though a tad on the light side. Makes proper reads with o line. Decent tackling

Cons -- Doesn't always trust his reads though and sometimes finds himself outta place trying to chase down the run. Doesn't get off blocks really well. Questionable motor?

Kevin Minter -- 6'2 - 245

Pros -- thick thumper. Makes some really spectacular plays in the back field. Has played on a pro style defense and good in run defense.

Cons -- not exactly light of foot, doesn't read the o line well and will bite on play action. Not going to have awesome coverage skills.

Mike Mauti -- 6'2 - 239

Pros -- moves faster than his body type should. Reads qbs eyes and breaks on the ball. Plays big. Decent hands and coverage skill. Special teamer. Good tackler will blitz and get a decent push at times. Aggressive with good motor.

Cons -- will bite on the occasional play action. Gets blocked off the ball sometimes and has trouble getting a release.

Mauti is gonna make a GM look really smart in the second round.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You realize that Mauti suffered his 3rd ACL tear in the last 4 years?

3. Clark

Sure didnt. That's disappointing

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not really sure where that puts him in draft projections, but he is still well worth a late pick or free agent signing.

Gerald Hodges is going to be a great linebacker for someone, too.

5. Clark

Yea that injury is always a concern. Another McCarthy? 4/5 round? Eh.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

after last nights game....i hope we take matt elam in the first, he is the next ed reed...their corners couldnt cover a dead fly but he lays the wood and is an excellent player

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm warming up to the idea of Chance Warmack at 10 if we don't trade back. Obviously if we move back a few spots he would be the guy I want but really who cares if it's a reach. Guard is our biggest need/weakness right now and he's the best Guard in the draft and is one of the best I've seen in a while. Drafting our biggest need first gives us a lot more possibilities for the next few rounds. We can go Matt Elam, BPA on the DL, or even go with a CB.

Te'o is my 1b and if we miss out on him we should stay away from the MLB position for a while and just sign someone for depth when McCarthy goes down again. If we pass on OL in the 1st we can only hope someone good like a Barrett Jones falls to us in the 2nd.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Warmack/Jones vs the Notre Dame DL is going to be great to watch

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
    Height: 6-7.

Weight: 243.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70

If he falls to us in the 2nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar