2013 Draft Possibilities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm against taking Barrett Jones if we draft in the Top-10/15.. which we likely will.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We need to somehow trade picks with someone who might have the top pick next year.

3. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Monster among men

4. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

At first I was too but the more I think about it, its a deeeep class for both DE and DT.
    The main problem with this team is the lack of sustaining drives. We are constantly in a 3rd and long situation. This puts the defense on the field without any confidence. We have no identity as a football team right now.

5. xpmar9x

MB is 6'6" 250
    2011 stats:
    7 1/2 Sacks (4th in Big10)
    64 tackles & 13 1/2 TFL
    2012 stats (thus far): 2.5 sacks, 28 tackles

He played in the "CHIEF" position (widley known as "bandit") last year. Basically, linebacker/DE hybrid - UOI runs primarily 3-3 defense, where he would line up like a nickel back. Basically a standing OLB and lines a yard or so off the DE (who was Mercilus). Now that Mercilus is gone, he's in a traditional 43 DE position. That position was added by Vic Koenning, the same coach who taught Demarcus Ware it (our ex-DC and intermin HC).

Character issues? Sat out 2 games as a Soph, got suspended by the team for unknown reasons. Also broke his jaw this summer in an 'altercation'. However, academic he does well.. he's actually in my friends Comm 431 class; said he's legit. If you watch an interview, he knows football.. has a good football IQ and knows what needs to be done. I think he's just had some "wrong place/wrong time situations". He's now a captain to the team and a vocal leader on/off the field.

If you look at Buchanans frame, it doesn't look like he can add much more weight. But he's a pretty lean guy, not very bulky. Seems to have long arms for swatting balls. Changes direction very well and stands his ground, doesn't overpursue. Great in open space and swarms the carrier. Moves very well and has good footwork in space. Most of the time he gets off the snap quickly. He's shown some good pass rush moves, actually elite moves for a college player. However, he does lose balance alot and will fall - that will kill him in the NFL. but he's kindof like Wimbley.. doesn't finish the play. Gets to the QB, but just a 1/2 second to late. He's UOIs only real pass-rusher this year, and does get doubled team sometimes. He's a solid form tackler and doesn't take plays off. Always chases towards the ball runner.

Alot depends on his combine, right now he sits at a mid-2nd. If he puts up legit numbers (like Nick Perry did), I could see him sneaking into first. Likely an early 2nd rounder.

Bottomline: I like Buchanan more than I did Mercilus last year. Buchanan has the size (would like him to hit 260 by combine). He has solid pass-rush moves, and will add more in the NFL. High motor and good run supporter, but can get after the QB. Although, his sack total doesn't show it this year - on tape he's very impressive. I see him falling into the 1st round. Honestly, I think he fits better in the 3-4 as an OLB.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Buchanan impressed me from his tape ice watched. Lean frame, but good pass rush moves. Gets his hands up often and bats balls. Second round would be a good spot for him if better talent wasn't on the board.

7. xpmar9x

Manti Te'o is so freaking good.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

there is no way we'll take a lineman in the first.... especially with munch at the helm.... it's just something he wont do and something that he wont admit is wrong, just like fisher wont replace a starter with someone that's clearly outplaying him...
    i already have a clue who we're drafting.. now i have to look for him :p

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I like what you've done here...We will have a compensatory pick in the 3rd to 4th round range, so I'd probably with a safety there(Maybe Matt Elam)...

Because of that pick, I'd replace your 6th round pick with another offensive lineman.

I'd probably change your DT pick...We need a Big Boy run stuffer(not another pass rushing DT). Someone like Daniel McCullers(6'8 360) or Kwame Geathers(6'6 350) are projected in this range and would be better picks, IMO.

If Sanders Commings lasts until the 5th, that would be a good pick.

So after a few changes it looks like this:

1)C/G/T Barrett Jones
    2)DE Michael Buchanan
    3)G Alvin Bailey
    3)S Matt Elam/Shawn Williams(safety from Georgia, more of a SS than Rambo)
    4)DT Daniel Mccullers/Kwame Geathers
    5)CB Sanders Commings
    6)G James Wilson
    7)S Ray Ray Armstrong

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would love to get Matt Elam the guy can play. I watched a lot of the LSU game today and liked what I saw from their DE's. They have a lot of speed and know how to get to the QB. They still have to work on a few things but I wouldn't mind Mingo if he's available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar