2013 Draft in Hindsight: Manti Te'o

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by UrbanLegend3, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I was just looking at Walter football and decided to take a look at where he thought guys would go in the draft. While he was pretty accurate as to where Te'o would go, it got me thinking about how the guy was a top 5 pick and fell so far down. Granted his horrible combine and national championship game performance were part of the reason we all know a huge part was the whole cat fish distraction stuff. Here we are nearly a year later and I haven't heard a damn thing about the fake girlfriend thing and the Chargers who are no better than us are in the playoffs. The Chargers got what would should have been a top 10 pick in the second round! Now I'm not sure if he's lived up to the hype he had but he's starting for them so clearly the choice wasn't that bad. Let's try to keep this in mind when some phony baloney scandal surrounds a good player.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He fell to the second because he's slow and can't cover. Can't take a MLB in the first round who's slow.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Guy started VERY rocky because he struggles shedding blocks and he was playing SILB in the Chargers 3-4 defense. They decided to switch him and Donald Butler so Te'o was playing WILB which suited his skills very well. He is actually pretty decent in coverage and having him play WILB helped him mask his inability to shed blocks efficiently. He looks like he will stay at WILB and they might let Donald Butler walk because Butler is more of a WILB in that defense but would make the perfect MLB in our defense (just saying). Te'o took much longer than expected to develop and it's still an on going process but he will be a solid MLB moving forward and for the 2nd round, the Chargers did well. They had a monster start to their draft this past year with Fluker in the 1st, Te'o in the 2nd, and Keenan Allen in the 3rd.

4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you really can't count JCB postings though.

He is the ebaums of GoTitans.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wanted Te'o, if he fell to the 3rd. As someone before me said, he's slow - can't draft 2 down MLBs in the 2nd round. Chargers got Te'o and Keenan Allen in later rounds, when both could of been 1st round talent. Quite a draft if they both pan out.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Te'o played pretty crappy his rookie year, but with that said, he's still better than anything we have at MLB.

I remember people talking about us taking him at 10, glad that didn't happen.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No one wanted him at #10 after the championship/fake gf thing.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That is true.

The gf thing was funnier than troubling, that didnt turn me away from him, it was that game vs Bama that had me running for the hills.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Kiko Alonzo was better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar