2013-2014 College Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Of course it's a secret.

On the front page of ESPN.com there was an article saying the SEC has committed cannibalism on it's own National Title Game chances because of it's depth. Last year people said the top of the SEC feasted on the lower half and now all of a sudden there's extreme depth in the conference? Please.

People who are objective can see it, but that's about it.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH SEC BUTTHURT!!!!!

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

SEC is down.

SEC will still win the National Title this year.

SEC will be back up next year, wins National Title again in first CFB playoff.

SEC domination gave CFB their first playoff. Other conference butthurt pushed it along.

Nick Saban saved college football. Nick Saban is the Jesus of college football.

Because of the SEC a couple teams in other conferences will get to be beaten by a SEC team in a playoff game. They get the yearly honor of making the new playoffs only to get embarrassed yet again.

Getting beat by a SEC team becomes the new measure of success in other conferences. They will no longer count championships, only count losses to SEC powers.

They will hang banners and signs in stadiums from Austin to Ann Arbor to Eugene and Columbus of their proud losses to Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU and Tennessee.

NCAA is closed in 2020. Nick Saban takes over all of CFB. There is now only SEC. Everyone else gives money to SEC schools and crawl on their hands and knees to stadiums around the south to be whipped again.

"Please sirs, may we have some more" becomes the official fan chant of teams in the PAC Something, BIG Whatever and the leftovers of the ACC after the SEC assimilates Va. Tech, Clemson and FSU out of pity.

Nick Saban declares that NCAA College Football will now be referred to as "SEC and Friends"

Chris Fowler, Desmond Howard, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit commit suicide on live TV during College Gameday after it is renamed "SEC and Friends Gameday".

Only David Pollack and Paul Finebuam remain to host the show while the immortal Nick Saban sits on a thrown in the background made of crystal footballs.

The show travels to college towns around the country and each school sacrifices their mascot in a blood ritual weekly on the show to honor the SEC.

Jesus Christ returns in 2050 to establish his kingdom on Earth but changes his mind at the last minute to join the SEC and cohost SEC and Friends Gameday.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

All that stuck with me from that is "..sits on a thrown", what?

:p

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

This is pretty much truth though, 7 in a row tends to cause alot of whining.. "waaaa we wanna play even though we have 2-3 losses out of 12 games waaaa", "waaa we wanna play even though we face one top 25 team all year and it was at home waaa".

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Here's the thing about ESPN though, they almost have continue to praise the SEC. Now myself, I could careless. Honestly I'm tired of it, I feel like every time an SEC team loses an OOC game it's some big deal. Just a couple years ago I couldn't careless but now everyone makes a big deal about it. ESPN's highest viewership comes from the SEC so of course they're going to hype them more, cover them more, and paint them in a better picture then teams in other conferences. Now they don't just talk about the SEC but they do have to appeal to the majority of their viewership. Let's face it, the money in college football is in the South.

The problem I have with this (because honestly I love the SEC coverage) is now everyone is overly critical of every team during every game. It's getting ridiculous how a team is getting judged after a loss.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Bruh, a tablet will autocorrect the strangest things.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

had to post this for Fry

[​IMG]

9. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

ROFL What has #5 been smoking?????????? He looks ridiculous. What does one even call that, which he is doing????? Looks like hes trying to do the robot or some shiz.... lol that looks so retarted.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I actually took a video of that when I was watching the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar