2012 Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm all for adding another RB but not in the 1st round. I do think we need another RB to split with CJ because I think we've learned he can't handle the load himself. What I would like...

Just take the BPA. We don't have a ton of needs but this year best player available would actually be the way to go. We need a safety bad imo but if Richardon, a top WR, or a top LB is sitting there at our pick I say go for it.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

You are what we call a fair weather fan. CJ will be fine and you will look like a fool. He's ran about like he always has the last 2 games. Averaged 54 yards oer game versus the Steelers throughout his career before that game.

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

when that time comes ill say i was wrong...but he also gains 21 of those yards on one play....so 13 carries for 30 yards isnt the best...and he has more drops this year than nate washington does for pete sake....

ive been right so far since before preseason...sticking with it that cj is a decent back but not an elite and he is costing us money now...

4. Carp

Carp Starter

But that is how CJ has always ran. He'll get a bunch of 2-3 yard gains, and then break one for 20+.

If he is still performing this way in week 12, then may be we start to get concerned long term. It also wouldn't surprise me to find out in a couple weeks or so that CJ was hiding an injury or something during the holdout, and knew now was the only time he'd see a big contract because if he missed any time this year, he wouldn't come close to seeing 30+ million guaranteed. I would be pissed if that were the case.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm saying Richardson will be a Bengal, mark it.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Aye, Burfict and Richardon in the first round and the Bengals will be relevant again

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

how unfortunate for us if they do get them...another pick i think we should of got that they did...just like dunlap and we got morgan..

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Since we are throwing out names we like, I gotta throw my guys' hat in the ring -- DT Devon Still from Penn State. The guy has been absolutely unblockable down the stretch last season and this season. I saw him as a 3rd rounder in a mock, but I think people will move him up now that he is starting to get some hype. As someone who has followed Penn State closely for many years, he is better than recent first round Penn State DT's Odrick and Taylor.

He is 6'5", 310 lbs, has 10 tackles for loss so far this year and had 3.5 tackles for loss against Florida in the bowl last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So, I got bored in class and made a mock draft:

1. Dolphins - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    2. Colts - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    3. Cardinals - Quinton Coples, DE/OLB, NC
    4. Vikings - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    5. Rams - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St
    6. Browns - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
    7. Jaguars - Alshon Jeffery, WR, SC
    8. Seahawks - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    9. Chiefs - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    10. Broncos - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    11. Redskins - Ryan Tannehill, QB,
    12. Panthers - Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
    13. Bengals - Vontaze Burfict, LB, ASU
    14. Browns - Manti Te'o, LB, ND
    15. Bears - Cordy Glenn, G, UGA
    16. Eagles - Luke Kuechly, LB, BC
    17. Texans - Michael Floyd, WR, ND
    18. Jets - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
    19. Buccaneers - Janoris Jenkins, CB, Nebraska
    20. Bengals - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    21. Titans - Michael Brewster, C, OSU
    22. Cowboys - David DeCastro, G, Stanford
    23. Giants - Zach Brown, LB, NC
    24. Steelers - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Wash
    25. Lions - 'Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    26. Chargers - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
    27. Bills - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, WV
    28. 49ers - Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
    29. Ravens - Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Fla St
    30. Patriots - Jerel Worthy, DT, Mich St
    31. Patriots - Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State
    32. Packers - Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

NOTE: Robert Griffin not in the 1st round? Shocker, but I didn't know where to put him?!

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Great Mock X. Get a second and a third rounder up. Or give us your Titans Draft.

The only thing I would question is DeCastro and Glenn. I reckon Glenn would be a big reach at 15 with DeCastro on the board.

How long would it take for the Lions to select Kirkpatrick? 2 Seconds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar