2011 Titans Rookies

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Klug seems to be dominating at TC. But, I can't see him getting a ton of playing time with JJ, Morgan, Hayes, and Ford all before him on the rotation. Hopefully he makes it as our #5 DE and gets a shot.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hopefully you're right, but he just hasn't been a reliable target like everyone was expecting him to be. They were expecting a Westbrook-style player, what we got is someone far better than that as far as carrying goes (which is hands down the most important) , but not the versatility in the passing game.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Now that Ball has been signed at DE as well, I expect Klug to start the year on the PS barring injury.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I concur. :D

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

A few things I've herad from TC:

- Ayers is a beast and is consistantly around the ball. I think it was Wyatt that said he was consistantly blowing up Stevens at the line of scrimmage which according to Wyatt was "not easy to do."

- Someone tweeted yesterday (I think Wyatt again) that Casey has been "unblockable up the middle."

- Hutton tweeted that Tommie Campbell "is an athlete." I've talked to a few friends who went to camp and said how fast he appears to be.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I can't say that I disagree.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

(1st) Jake Locker - Hopefully won't have to play much and can sit back and learn from the Hass.

(2nd) Akeem Ayers - Will start week 1. Be among the team leaders at the end of the year in tackles.

(3rd) Jurrell Casey - From all reports it sounds like he's having a great camp (granted at the moment we're only 4 practices in). Will definitely be in the rotation at DT and has a chance to start beside Smith if Sen'Derrick and Jovan Haye are his only other competition.

(4th) Colin McCarthy - Will be a solid special teams player and could possibly start year 2, if not by the end of the year. Hopefully he or Ayers will be better in coverage than last years LBs.

(4th) Jamie Harper - After watching highlight videos I honestly think he will replace Ringer as the number 2 RB. I think Munch is smart enough not to "pound" CJ during goal line situations and will use Harper during those times since he is a bigger back. Has great hands and is a good receiver as well.

(5th) Karl Klug - I really liked this guy during the senior bowl but I think he will be better suited in the NFL at DE. With moving Jason Jones to DE and the resigning of Ball and Ford however, he might get more playing time at DT.

(6th) Byron Stingily - This guy is huge. 6'7. 300+ easy. Might be on practice squd but might be one of those developmental players that works out down the road.

(7th) Zach Clayton - Practice squad. Maybe after a year or two he can work his way into the rotation. Maybe will get on the field if there are injuries.

(7th) Tommie Campbell - From all reports that I've read this guy can absolutely fly. I've not been able to find any highlight videos on him because he came from a small school, but with our poor play at safety, he may get a chance depending on how he shows in the pre-season. Although from what I've been hearing, they have him practicing at CB not S.

8. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Malcolm Sheppard, 6'2-290, 23 years old, he's new to the Titans but he's really a rookie that went undrafted out of Arkansas last year and survived thru OTA and TC w/the Texans and made their PS, so don't be surprised to start hearing his name in TC, he's a Georgia native and was recruited out of high school by non other than Tracy Rocker, he went on to become a 2-time All SEC DT/DE, coached by Tracy Rocker for 2 yrs. at Arkansas, started as a true -freshman in the capital one bowl vs. Wisconsin alongside Jamaal Anderson, this guy was called the most underrated player in the SEC by ESPN's Chris Low, he was a victim of a young team and new coaching change his senior yr. stats were down because of constant double teaming, Coach Rocker knows exactly what he has in Sheppard, do your own research an you'll see that Sheppard is a steal for this young defense, he was projected to be a 3/4 rd. draftee, but was overlooked ,i'm not taking anything away from the new rookie DT's but Sheppard was a 3 yr starter in the rugged SEC, only the 2nd player in Arkansas history to be named team captain jr/sr year(Frank Broyles),and he has been thru OTA's and TC and played in games, he's right there w/ Casey ,but only time will tell.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LenDale still managed to do some great things with C.J. starting. I really hope we can get back to a Smash and Dash type of running game. Let the big back bully his way thru defenders so when C.J. comes in, they're all worn out, and allow C.J. to annihilate them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar