2009 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Eddyc85, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Why no love for Darrius Heyward-Bey?? He will probably still be available in late rounds, especially given what happend this past draft. He's fast, big, strong, and a workout machine! Titan's love workout warriors and apparently now we love speed too! this guy's perfect. I really think he will be the best WR out of that class. Maryland always has a beast player every other year or so (Merriman, Vernon Davis??, Podlesh, and ahmm...FRANK WYCHECK!) With DHB...gurantee back 2 back superbowls

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Right now I want Percy Harvin.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

UPDATED!

No more complaining about where were picking. I question the order of a few other teams, Washington and Green Bay for example but a Washington/Tennessee Superbowl would be pretty good IMO. But yea I would take Harvin, I think I'd rather have Beckum but if he's gone Harvin is a nice alternative.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Eh, the more I see of Harvin, the less I like him. He's got Peter Warrick written all over him. I'll pass.

We're not going to take a WR in the first round....again. We're going defense. I think it will be a DE or CB. We may need a DT, but as of right now, there aren't any that are 1st round prospects.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

he's also incredible injury prone.

i've just accepted that we're not going to take a WR. i have two hopefuls right now; brian orakpo and marcus freeman.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Orakpo is more than likely a top-10, maybe top-5 pick at this point, IMO. He's a more athletic, more into his body version of Vernon Gholston. He's a stud for sure. Scouts are going to fall in love with him at the combine. I like Freeman but he's probably not a first day guy.

My top 10 prospects for the Titans 1st round pick in '09 are:

1. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky (6'0, 190) -- Perfect guy to take over for Harper in 2010....maybe 2009. He's flying under the radar right now and hopefully it stays that way.

2. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma (6'5, 330) -- Best interior lineman to come out since Steve Hutchinson. I highly doubt he's there when the Titans pick, but the thought of having him, Roos, and Stewart on the same line is freakish.

3. Auston English, DE, Oklahoma (6'3, 255) -- Plays JUST like KVB. Need I say more? I think he fits our scheme better than guys like M. Johnson, Selvie, and Tyson Jackson. I think they all go in the top 20 anyway.

4. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest (5'9, 190) -- Kid can play. Like Lindley better though.

5. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC (6'2, 250) -- He's got a lot of hype, but I don't see him going as high as most say he goes. There's a chance he's around at the end of the first. I don't think we value the MLB position enough to take a look in the first round though.

6. Clint Sintim, ILB, Virginia (6'3, 253) -- Dude is a beast. Probably fits the 3-4 OLB mold best since he plays a lot like Merriman. Plays DE and backer at Virginia. Built just like Patrick Willis, which is always good. Not sure he's a first round guy though.

7. DeMarcus Granger, DT, NC State (6'2, 305) -- Probably the best DT in the country, but has character concerns. Not sure he will declare either.

8. Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati (6'0, 190) -- Ballhawk. I believe he led the nation in passes defensed last year.

9. Macho Harris, CB, Virginia Tech (6'0, 200) -- Good athlete and is always making plays. Also a good return guy. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Titans uni.

10. Terrance Cody, DT, Alabama (6'5, 380) -- Good God is this guy a monster. He may actually be too big. Him, Albert, and Jason Jones rotating with each other would give opposing linemen more fits than they already have.

SLEEPERS:

- Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly (6'6, 225) -- Has 30 catches for 666 yards and 8 TDs so far this season. Probably a 3-4 round pick. Next Brandon Marshall anyone? :thumb:

- Mike Parson, CB, Ohio (6'0, 195) -- Currently leads the nation in passes defensed. Worth a mid-round look.

- Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice (5'11, 190) -- Has the talent to be a first rounder, but is undersized and may post a slow 40 time at the combine.

- Vincent Oghobasse, DT, Duke (6'5, 315) -- Somewhat of a project, but is enormous and has the upside to match his size.

- Tyrone McKenzie, ILB, South Florida (6'2, 235) -- Big hitter. Plays hard.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

Ramses Barden with 12 catches, 217 yards, and 2 TDs last night.

Could've done a lot more but didn't play much in the 2nd half because it was a blow-out....10 catches, 181 yards, and 2 TDs in the first half

This guy might play himself into being a day 1 pick. He's a giant, and obviously has some amazing talents. He dominates the D1-AA talent enough that it may translate well to the NFL. Smart kid too considering he goes to Cal-Poly.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

Kenny Briit, WR, Rutgers.

I think this guy is the best WR in the draft. 6'4, 220, and athletic as hell. I didn't put him in the list because I've accepted the fact that the Titans won't take a WR in the first round. Keep an eye on him though....

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Crabtree no question.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Thanks for the analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar