2007 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2007.

?
  1. It was Solid

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. It Sucked

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. It Was Ok

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I love watching the video of the Jet's draft blunders every year.

2. yea... it makes me feel a lot better about our drafts

Its obvious to me that the Jets just do not kno what the draft id for - Kiper

3. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Once again

We drafted quantity at the Wide-receiver position. Reminds me of the 05' Roby, Williams, Jones. Jones panned out, but we're going into the season with a whole lot of nothing, and a lot of developmental projects. We still don't have Givens back.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ESPN insider on a few of our guys

19. Tennessee Titans
    The pick: Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    Scouts take: This is isn't as bad as Miami taking Ginn, but drafting Griffin was still bad for the Titans. Most teams are looking to add one or two starters through the draft unless it's a quarterback, and then there's Tennessee. The Titans need a corner who can step into the starting slot opposite free-agent singing Nick Harper, a receiver who can make an immediate impact and a running back who can share the load with LenDale White. Taking a safety here rather than a receiver like Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe makes it a lot more difficult to fill those holes. That's not to say Griffin isn't going to be a player in this league. Though he gets caught out of position at times and needs to get a little bigger, he will smack the ball carrier in the mouth and has above-average cover skills, so he should push for immediate playing time.

50. Tennessee Titans
    The pick: Chris Henry, RB, Arizona
    Scouts take: With LenDale White having problems keeping his weight down and former Titan Travis Henry now wit Denver, the Titans needed a running back and Chris Henry has great upside. He possesses a rare bend of size and speed. With that said, Tennessee has yet to pick up a cornerback or a receiver and they are hurting at both positions. In addition, Henry's lack of experience at the collegiate level should raise some red flags and Michael Bush is still on the board.

Tennessee already has drafted two receivers at this point, but it needed plenty of help at that position coming into the draft. This is exactly where Texas Tech's Joel Filani was projected, making this a decent pick. Filani could have problems separating from man coverage in a pro-style offense, though, because he played in a spread, pass-heavy scheme and isn't very explosive. However, he's big enough to shield defenders from the ball, and he catches the ball well, which means he could become a productive red zone target. Perhaps more importantly, he is expected to make an impact on special teams.

5. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

Opinions on the new commish's 1st draft?

how do yall think commish did?
    im used to tagliabue's voice and the "UH" it went somethin like
    "With the UH 1st pick in the draft...

haha did anyone notice that Roger goodel said los angeles...?

6. dgood

dgood Guest

No, when did he say LA?

7. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

thought it was a class move to remove Quinn from the cameras. beyond that, seemed like other drafts.

8. dgood

dgood Guest

What did Quinn expect? QB isnt a need this year for most teams.

9. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

Speculating

The first round pick for the Titans was probably a safe one, but we all agree that the 2nd round pick will be a boom or a bust. My question is this, do you believe Titans should be using high draft picks to speculate on players, given their current situation? Henry may turn out to be a great running back (I hope that he does, because we need him too....), but I don't know if I agree with the pick. I think the Titans should have taken more of a "sure thing". However, what draft picks are guaranteed? I think the Titans need solid players right now, I don't believe they need projects. That's what are draft feels like to me. We drafted a bunch of projects in hopes of turning them into something great.

I think we can afford to gamble after get back to the playoffs.

10. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick Says, Slick Rick Likes The Draft Picks

Slick Rick says, Slick Rick feels as though the organization added some quality young men on Saturday and Sunday. Slick Rick says, these guys are the future of the organization. Slick Rick says, it will be fun to watch these young men develop. Slick Rick says, Henry, from Arizona was a big surprise to Slick Rick. Slick Rick says, Slick Rick really felt like they would go in another direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar