2006 NFL Draft Grades in for Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Mike O'Hara (The Detroit News) hit the nail on the head, Young and White you can defend, but from there on it was headscratcher upon headscratcher.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I appreciate that. I hope all enjoyed.

I still can't believe the server didn't melt. :brow:

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, it did seem a little runny from time to time :))

4. I'm thinking these 'idiots' grade the teams picks on their fist day, because we didn't have a 3rd round pick, they didn't mention any other players.

Mel Kiper who every one seems to hate mentioned Calvin Lowry to a very small extent

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

The first to picks I will give them a A+. A lot of these will be wanting to shot themselves if White works out to be fine. Now the picks after that are hard to grade because of the fact that they were picking the BPA. I would have rather them draft some O-linemen but with them not taking any that means they believe Bell, Loper, and Stewart can handle the load. Also don't forget if Steve is cut Ty Law is still out there floating around to fill a veteran void in the CB position.

6. about the void at cb the db that we picked up could be really good, he has great recovery speed being clocked in the 4.3s

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Let's be honest, if we had taken Matt Leinart and then White at #45, the press would be all over our jocks. Right or wrong the grades would be A's across the board.

You see what they're saying about Leinart to the Cardinals? They've practically got him in the Hall of Fame.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The more I think about it, the more I like our second day picks. Lowry was the best SS avaible. Yesterday, Terrell Davis was asked to name his sleeper pick of the draft. His choice was Stephen Tulloch. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy. Terna Nande is an amazing physical specimen. (4.5 speed, 41 lifts @ 225.) Jonathan Orr has good numbers (4.42, 6'2"), not bad for a 6th rounder. Finnegan has great speed (4.35) and will probably play CB. Toone is another athletic linebacker to add depth. Quinton Ganther is the only pick I can't defend because, frankly, I don't get it.

The reason the one writer said A or D is because both our picks are boom or bust prospects. They're either gonna have great careers, or no one will remember them in five years.

9. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

ganther can replace flemming

10. I don't know if he can be moved to FB or not. But apparently he is pretty shifty and is a good pass blocker, so he could be a 3rd down back like Holcombe was. Also he can contribute on special teams.

If we deal either Brown or Henry, we'll need a #3 RB. That would come down to a competition between Ganther, Nash, and Peyton (and any UDFA we have in camp).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar