2006 Draft redux

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

01) Houston-Mario Williams
    02) Saints-Joseph Addai
    03) Titans-Vince Young
    04) New York Jets-Demeco Ryans
    05) Green Bay- AJ Hawk
    06) San Fran-Marques Colston
    07) Oakland-Dbrick
    08) Buffalo-Antonio Cromartie
    09) Detroit- Hester
    10) Arizona-Jay Cutler

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Crom would go much hiiiiigher.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ngata is awesome. Definitely top 10. Complete oversight on my part.

Also wondering if a MLB (even a pretty good one) would go as high as #4

edit: Come on...play along! Let's see your 2006 top picks redone ... i'd really be interested how it differed from your rankings..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sure thing..

Why would cutler as well as he played be of less value to a team that a kick return man or a linebacker?

A case could be made that houston would take him with the first pick. The packers wouldn't have taken him knowing favre's days were numbered?

QBs are worth far more than any other player if you know a guy is good you take him before almost anybody else. Cutler has played better at this stage of his career than most hall of famers..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Draft redux..

Houston-Williams knowing they already have scab.

Saints-Addai knowing he is the best RB and reggie is not.

Titans-Vince even though cutler has been better..

Jets-Cutler hands down unless the packers trade up to that spot and they would try.

Packers-Aj hawk

49ers-Colston to give smith all the help he can get and prove they didn't make a mistake in drafting him..

Oakland-Mcneil a lineman for demarcus..

Bills-ryans easy pick..

Lions-Name any bust WR..

Arizona-hester

Again not to be compative but how in the hell would cutler a QB who has played damn well and been what the broncos hoped for get past the titans, jets and packers all teams that could use a QB? Explain please. The jets used their 2nd rd pick on kelly clemens a QB in 06 and he hadn't done well. They obviously needed a QB of the future.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Cutler can't win games. Neither can the Broncos' Multi-million dollar secondary. Vince has sucked, but I would still take him over Cutler.

-compare years:
    From the way I remember, Plummer was decent, they benched him for Cutler, and they blew their pretty good chance at the playoffs.

Vince took over, winless, and helped the Titans get to the verge of the playoffs.

2nd year:

Cutler has an All-Pro team, great defensive players. a few good Wrs (minus Walker) and their team sucked pretty badly (though they still beat us)

Vince was overall pretty unimpressive, but without a great RB, WR or any other offense, and we make the playoffs.

I don't care if cutler had a higher passer rating, He has not shown he can win any important game. Our team wins, and isn't that the overall most important thing?

My point is.. They both have seemed pretty weak IMO.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You can't argue with the stats. Cutler has been the best qb from that class thus far and it's not really that close to this point.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You can't say that about a QB after just 2 years. Did a pair of 8-8 seasons mean that mcnair couldn't win? Last year the broncos were 28th in scoring defense. That's why they lost just like the titans were 7-9 with mcnair in 2001 because of the defense. the titans that year were 25th in scoring D. All pro defensive team where did you get that?

And who are the few good WRs? Brandon stokley was the 2nd WR last year.

Cutler does have some things he needs to improve. He had like 7 fumbled snaps most that he fell on but still that is a wasted play and the broncos were not real good in the red zone but this is a QB starting as a rookie and a 2nd year guy with very average talent around him. The broncos used their top three draft choices on offense for a reason.

I just think it is really moronic to call a guy a career loser after one 7-9 season.

9. Eight Gov

Eight Gov Practice Squad

I would still take VY and put him with better WRs

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar