2 Things I learned from Last Night's game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Taking care of the football, KFC does it, VY doesn't. To play for Jeff Fisher you have to limit turnovers. End of story.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

This thread is hilarious. I knew some guys would get on kfc the moment he doesn't come up for us. But honestly, the Pittsburgh game isn't the right game. In fact kerry actually impressed me a bit. I agree he can't make plays under pressure consistently but if you guys are gonna pick a game to bash kerry, wait until another game because he played too well to be bashed on. But by all means everyone continue arguing. That's why i love this forum. :)

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

this thread is hilarious because people like you don't read the thread. It's a broken record, over and over like 30 times in this one thread someone posts "stop bashing kerry he played great!" Once again, no one is saying Kerry played bad. No one.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I actually did read the thread and it was a nice post. But the topic changed to why kfc can't get it done. Which is what i was referring. too

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Hate to tell ya buddy, but when the game was on the line we were up. Our defense gave up 2 (3 if you count the fumble by Ward) game winning drives. Collins didn't have anything to do with that. He had our team ahead on the score board halfway thru the 4th quarter. That's his job, he did it. Our defense(ive coordinator) is the person I'm not happy with. Collins couldn't have done much better. I suppose VY would have came in and ran for a 96 yard TD when we were back up in our own end zone, right?

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True. And I agree with your frustration towards Cecil and the D, but if special teams had done their job (even done an average job) the first three Qs, we would have never been in that position in the 4th Q to begin with.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No its not stupid at all! He has never been able to win on the big stage in his career. Also to state your point about him having to run for his life and throw it away, is exactly proving my point that when the game is on the line we need vince in there because he can actually move the ball once a play breaks down!

8. TitansWillWin2

Also how did special teams cost us 10?

9. TitansWillWin2

To hard of a pass? when was the last time that you heard someone blaming a qb for putting the ball on the money but threw it to hard so its his fault???? if that was the case it would always be brett favres fault to cause he throws the ball hard everytime!! its the wr job to catch the ball if it hits his hand, you can ask anyone who has ever played the position and they'll agree!

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

McGrath on the return put the Titans back on their own 18.

Based on my observations of Fisher, he wants in a QB to...

1. Take care of the football.
    2. Be accurate.

Putting the team on your shoulders and winning the game in the final two minutes isn't close to being what Fisher values most in a QB. His goal is for his QBs play to put the team in position so that they don't need to win the game in the final two minutes.

This is why Collins is the #1 and Vince isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar