2 QB System?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Most of you are going to type the word 'No' without even reading this, and that is fine. But if you want to hear me out, I think it's a decent idea.

We have 2 QB's on our team, both with different skill sets, both effective in their own way. Collins is obviously the better drop back, pass QB, but you definitely cannot take away from Vince his tendancy to make huge plays in clutch spots. So why not put them in during different situations throughout the game? I understand that you need continuity between your QB's and receivers, but dammit what we need is wins. VY and CJ on the field together would put a lot of play making potential out there, much more then Collins and CJ. I don't think it should be a a 50-50 split by any means either, but why no put VY in on around 20-30% of snaps, just to keep the defense mixed up? He will run a different offense then Collins with the same skill players, and I think our offense can pull that off. Traditional offense with KC, Spread/ Hurry-up type offense wit VY.

I understand that Kerry Collins is not entirely the reason we lost these games. But the fact is undeniable: He was in a great position at the end of this game to win it or at least extend it into overtime. He blew it. He dropped a ball without being touched, and VY on the same busted play has potential to take that ball 15 yards downfield before he's touched. I know it's a long shot, but can you honestly tell me you think it wouldn't be effective? VY is undeniably one of the biggest playmakers on our team, why leave him on the bench while we're getting beat?

This being said, I think our main issue at this point is our defense. Our offense has showed us a lot of good things, but haven't won the games when our D has put them in the position where they have to. It's a tough spot we're in, but I am confident we can get to the bye week at 3-3, 2-4 at the VERY worst, and have a much easier 10 game schedule after that. We will be good, this is just the 6 week massacre that we've all knew it would be, and we're not playing at our best right now.

I'm not jumping ship. You shouldn't either.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's flawed logic to think Young would have been in the same situation as Collins on that particular play. The Texans would have played the entire game differently and challenged Young to beat them with his arm. The Titans could have been down by 10 or more.

Fisher isn't against using two QBs. He did it Young's rookie season. But I don't see how Young improves the Titans offense over Collins right now. Collins is far from spectacular but did plenty enough to win the game if the Titans defense makes just a few plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Sounds smart but Fish won't do it to much creativity. I seen the Jets and damm near every other team use the wild cat. Fish is to conservative.

4. TitanJeff

Using Young in the wildcat is nuts. He's a QB. Using CJ in the wildcat would be the option I'd think they'd go with if he has any passing skills. But I don't see it as effective as giving him the football with room to move.

Splitting Collins out wide is like playing 10 against 11. I bet the corner would cheat inside seven yards.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I wonder if they've tried practicing the wildcat, but Vince isn't very good in it and that's why we haven't tried it yet?

6. TitanJeff

Fisher said during training camp that the team was working on a package with Vince. I don't know if he called it a "wildcat" and I never saw them doing it during any session I attended.

7. amy

amy Starter

Better to get rid of Harper and get some defensive players in who know how to sack a qb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar