1st ever AP All-time Poll. 1. Ohio St 2. OK 3. ND 4. Bama 5. USC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Broken Arrow, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

"To determine an all-time Top 100 for the first time, the AP counted poll appearances (one point) to mark consistency,

No. 1 rankings (2 points) to acknowledge elite programs and gave a bonus for championships won"

An all-time first for AP college football poll | HeraldTribune.com

The only thing i got wrong was Heismans... but nice try, buddy

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm positive they never factored in strength of schedule.

Otherwise the top 3 would be:

SEC
    SEC
    SEC

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Not trying to start a fight, but you listed Heismans won, last bowl missed, and strength of schedule. None of those were used as criteria.

5. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Well... I'm gonna have to call BS on this poll. Bama has won more national titles than any other school, Note Dame, OU... heck Princton, Harvard and Yale have won more national titles than OSU. Yes, I admit I'm an OSU hater but the fact remains. Year in year out the love shown to OSU by the National sports writers is out of proportion.
    Btw... YES, SEC SEC SEC!!! BAMA, Tennessee, Fla, Georgia, LSU, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Auburn
    and Kentucky have all won national titles. PREVIOUS member GT won as well... new current members Arkansas and T A&M have also won national titles... just sayin.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. VondyP

Sorry we da best.

[​IMG]

7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

really.. because im pretty sure strength of schedule determines where you fluctuate in the rankings week after week... and bowl games won determine your footing in the top 25 at the end of the year... and bowl games missed states the obvious - you won less than 6 games... and in no where near a "ranking."

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hell, FSU spent half the 90's at #1 because you played in that little sisters of the poor conference.

Still got your ass waxed in the title game in 98 though. :)

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Meh. It fluctuates. For most of the 90's, whoever won the east likely played in the national title game. And the west was a joke. Now it has flipped. One day, it will flip back.

10. VondyP

except the playoffs have all but nullified your free rides to the championship

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar