1st Day BUST poll

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2007.

?
  1. #1 S Michael Griffin

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. #50 RB Chris "Tinman" Brown

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  3. #80 WR Paul Williams

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's it

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

1st of all the Titans obviously thought Griffin was a better pick than Nelson or Merimeather so we just have to accept that and see how things go.
    I seriously doubt if any of us had called into the draft room and offered out 2 cents worth it would have made any difference.

Sure it is possible in a perfect scenario that we could have traded down a few slots and still had Nelson or Meriweather but we don't now the dynamics of that situation either.

I do think trading with Cleveland was an option IF we wanted Rice or Jarrett.
    I'm not sure we didn't get a player in the 3rd round who is that different, we shall see. We could have also gambled hoping Griffin or one of the other Ss or even Ross fell to us as well. Still, you can go back to almost any draft and come up with a more perfect scenario. What if we traded down last year in the 1st, gained some extra picks and still got Cutler or Leinart?

The bottom line is I think the Titans got the guys they wanted in the first two rounds and picked value for the most part the rest of the draft. I have no complaints right now, maybe later but not now.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Griffin is the heavier player..

A little bigger griffin plays like a SS. Hill is a true free safety. Griffin will be playing mostly on the tight end side. As soxcat said they obviously thought griffin was the better player than hill but he also fits our scheme better because with him and hope we have versatility in 2 players who can hit and tackle..

Actually meriweather might be the closest thing to a dawkins type free safety but character issues pushed him back a little. Then you have landry a great player but he only stood out from the pack because he ran a 4.35 40 when scouts were expecting more like a 4.5. Griffin may be the best all around guy for size, speed, cover ability and physical play. How many strong safeties run a 4.45?

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Pre-combine..they were both listed a 198 lbs. Nelson dropped some weight (probably so he could run a faster 40 time...and he did at about 4.35) while Griffin is now around 200lbs. I expect both players to be at about 200-205 by the start of the season.

I understand the reasoning that the Titans liked these players better, but they could have gotten more value out of these picks and Henry is a big gamble. Too often our big gambles have blown up in our faces (Woolfolk, Calico, ect.).

Hopefully, these players will play as well as the Titans think they can.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar